mbaas
So, when copying thoughts to the clipboard, TB9 now puts JSON in a "TheBrain.ThoughtBundle"-Format to the clipboard. I'd like to suggest to also add that JSON in a "Text"-format which will facilitate easier processing of that thought content in 3d party-apps (like Text-Editors, for example). And possibly also support that for the import (I used that in my BrainTools-App (for TB8) to create thoughts and it is a handy way to import a small bunch of thoughts...)
mcaton
Michael,

Thank you for the request.  Documented.

Matt
gery51
Could we have a import / export functionality for mongodb json ?
Harlan
The JSON that is exported from TheBrain 9 can be read and then imported into virtually any database you like. We will not be adding export facilities for individual database formats although anyone is free to do so on their own.
Regards,
-Harlan
gery51
What about the hiérarchichal binding of thoughts ? How can we add the important information to json for an import ? with nested document ?
Would the thebrain json import recognize the links (Child, Parent, Jump or other user defined thoughts ?).

Regards,
Gerard

Harlan
The JSON export provides 100% coverage of the data in your Brain. Everything that is in your Brain is in the JSON.
Regards,
-Harlan
gery51
Harlan,
I cannot unzip a brain.brz from the renamed brain.zip anymore (error -1).
I need this functionality to view the json files.
What's the problem ?
Regards,
Gerard
mbaas
Perhaps an temporary issue on your machine? I've done it (with the latest version) this morning.
mcaton
Gerard,

I've just tested as well to confirm that this is working.  Can you include a screenshot of the error? Was this a recently created .brz?

Thank you,
Matt
Harlan
Gerard,

It may be a problem with the tool you are using to open the zip. A recent change was made such that 64-bit zip file support is needed by the software that is opening the file.

Also, please make sure you are using 9.0.235 or above as there was an issue with BRZ export that was fixed in that release.
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software