zenrain
iPhone only (haven't been using on my iPad YET)

I like the long press expands the thought name if it's shortened. 
Much much faster than the old version. Yay!
I like the disk that appears when long pressing to create parent/child/jump. Need more of these kind of interactions!
Zooming images much better than prior version.

Overall I get the impression that the primary amount of work was on getting TheBrain 9 iOS to have and use a local database. I would be disappointed that there wasn't more done from a UI / functionality standpoint, however the leaps in responsiveness and speed show that this was the right thing to do.

I think I agree with basically everything Korm said.

Also, I would really like the Inbox concept to be revamped. I've said this before, TheBrain on iPhone is mainly for note or attachment reference and quick adding. 
Quick adding right now isn't. It assumes that I already have a thought created that I want to add an attachment/web page to. I don't know if I'm just an outlier, but this is 90% never the case for me. 
So, I have to use the tool to add the web site (this is sometimes slow btw). Then I have to open TheBrain. Then I have to browse to the location I want to add the thought. Then I have to Create a new thought and manually type out the name. Then I have to add an attachment. Then I have to switch to the inbox. Then I have to add the attachment. Now it's done. 
As a workflow, it's too long so I just don't do it. If I do anything it's either my current Workflow.app macro (that writes to a text file and uses KM to automatically add the attachment when at my desktop), or add everything as an attachment to the same thought, then wait until I'm at my desktop to drag it out and create a new thought.

Here's an idea - what if when I clicked the + button, it automatically pops up the items in the Inbox (with a little inbox header maybe) as results. Then if I start typing, it replaces with the normal matches, or I could just press one of the items. This would be a 100% improvement and uses existing functionality. It also provides a very easy way to see what I have in my inbox. Not immediately intuitive, but once you know it's there...
macOS 10.12.5
TheBrain 9.0.202
zenrain
Have used on the iPad (pro) now. Again, a good start (and holy crap, the responsiveness is so much better), but it just feels like these apps have a long way to go to be iOS citizens.
Having just seen the iOS 11 changes, I'm really hoping that TheBrain 9 adopts some of these so multi-tasking is supported w/ drag and drop.
macOS 10.12.5
TheBrain 9.0.202

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software