rengel
TheBrain 8.x had a nice feedback function when one tried to drag and drop an icon into TheBrain. It showed the icon of the item to be dragged/dropped plus a word that said, if the item was to be moved, copied, or linked to. This was attention to detail and showed respect for the user. Feedback.png 

Sadly in TheBrain 9.x, this is gone. Why?
Reinhard TB 9.0.263.0, WIN 10
mcaton
Reinhard,

Thank you for posting.  On a Windows machine, in version 9, you will be seeing simplified icons (plus, arrow or box) depending on whether you have your drag and drop set up to Copy, Link or Move.

Move = box icon
Link = arrow icon
Copy = plus icon

I'll document your request to bring back the transparent icon.

Thank you,
Matt
rengel
Thanks Matt!
I'm not so much missing the icon (which is just a plus), but the additional tags ('Move', 'Copy', 'Link'). For me, the '+' just means 'add', and that's valid for both 'Move' and 'Copy', so I always hesitate a moment to recall what it means. With the tags it was and would be a nobrainer. The way it is now, the cognitive load is higher: one has to remember one more small detail.
Reinhard TB 9.0.263.0, WIN 10

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software