russnh
On my work PC I run PB on the desktop and sync with the same brain in the cloud. When I go home in the evening I deliberately close that brain and shut down PB (I also do this with other programs, as I'm sometimes away from the work PC for a few days). When I return to work, open that brain and sync with the cloud, McAfee antivirus always detects and deletes a trojan file (JS/Agent.a or JS/Redirector.bz) on my local computer. This doesn't happen on my home PC.

How can I find this trojan in my cloud brain and delete it once and for all, or is it a false positive (bearing in mind that my home PC uses Bullguard AV and doesn't detect it)? McAfee tells me its location in a tmp file, but it's always 0 bytes, so difficult to know where to start looking.

Thanks,
Russ

pthompson
Russ,

Are you sure that this detection is coming from TheBrain? It is possible that the antivirus software you use at home is not detecting the trojan and is transferring it over with the Brain.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
russnh
Hi Patrick,
Reasonably sure... here's a screen-shot that only ever pops up after the brain has synced:
RussTBtrojan.png 
I haven't yet done a thorough scan on my home PC, but I would have thought it ought to behave the same.

Russ
pthompson
Russ,

Since the actual detection of the virus is in a temp folder used by your Brain, Russ_brain it may be that you have a certain  website attached that is causing this. Have you tested this with any other Brain?
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
russnh
No, that's a good point I hadn't considered. I'll test and let you know.

Thanks,
Russ
russnh
Other brains I have don't do this and it's only on my work PC, so I expect you're right about a dodgy website stored in my brain somewhere.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software