reasonablekamikaze

EDIT: Nevermind, just found this feature within the filtering. 😍 Please close. 🙂

Would be awesome if we could find/locate thoughts that aren't connected to anything else.

I'm getting more involved with the 'Zettlekasten' way of storing knowledge—which is bottom-up, rather than top-down.

Sometimes I just want to throw a thought into TB—and worry about what it connects to later on. 

Any of you fine folks here use TB in a familiar vein?! Would love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers.

metta
2 Additional considerations of which you may want to be aware regarding this report feature:
> We do not (yet) have the option of finding thoughts without children, but this has been submitted as a feature request.
> Thoughts that have been assigned a thought type do NOT currently show up in the filters for parentless and orphaned thoughts -- because the "type" is currently treated as a "parent".

Hope this additional information is helpful. ðŸ™‚
metta
Wow! Just took a peek at a few resources related to the Zettelkasten Method: looks fascinating and it seems like an absolutely perfect fit for TheBrain!

Diving in now to learn more....

In the meantime, do you have any recommended resources about this method that you'd care to share?
reasonablekamikaze
metta wrote:
Wow! Just took a peek at a few resources related to the Zettelkasten Method: looks fascinating and it seems like an absolutely perfect fit for TheBrain!

Diving in now to learn more....

In the meantime, do you have any recommended resources about this method that you'd care to share?

This method completely changed the way I store information/knowledge. Groundbreaking in my mind!

I highly recommend this (fairly) short book on Zettlekasten.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34507927-how-to-take-smart-notes?from_search=true
metta
@RK ~

Many thanks! Appreciate the quick share. Added to my reading list. :-)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software