BSTD
Is there a way to find thoughts with, e.g., parent thought A and parent thought B?
Background: in my research brain, I have articles sorted under different topics - one of the strengths of TB being to have a thought with more than one of such topic parent w/o having to work with tags. But now I seek thoughts belonging to two certain parents simultaneously. As these parent thougths tend to have 60-70 children, that would not be easy to do manually.
Any help / thoughts appreciated!
zenrain
If you are using TheBrain 9, this is now possible. To do so, select the Parent Thoughts (ctrl or cmd click to add to the selection window). Then right-click the selection window and choose Show Common children. A sub window will appear. Note that on the sub-window you can expand the selection generations (to show sub-children).
macOS 10.12.5
TheBrain 9.0.202
BSTD
Thanks, zenrain!
However, I'm still in the TB 8 era. So I'll have to wait...
Thanks anyway, this adds to the list of reasons of why I should upgrade.
zenrain
I think the quickest way to do it in v8 is via tag use.
  1. Activate the first parent.
  2. Ctrl+Click the child gate to select all children.
  3. In the selection window, give them all a new tag (f.ex 1)
  4. Repeat steps 1-3 on second parent, giving them a different tag (f.ex 2).
  5. Open the report window and run a report for thoughts with Tag 1 and Tag 2 (sorry, it's been > 1 year since I've use v8, so I don't have exact steps, I think when you click the tag it gives it a +, and you do this for the second tag to report on both).
Edit: if it helps, one of the things against updating to v9 is the prior versions generally have more robust reporting (and a slightly more robust search, but this is debatable now with some recent changes) with custom reports, filtering and a few more options v9 doesn't have yet. [smile] 
Hopefully in a future release reporting in general is addressed and beefed up.
macOS 10.12.5
TheBrain 9.0.202
BSTD
Hey, that's a great workaround, zenrain!
I never thought of using temporary tags for this.
Intelligent solution.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software