pshanks
Tried to install the latest beta PB5516 today.

I get the following error message (also screen capture)
"C:\Program Files\PersonalBrain\lib\comfyj.jar Could not create this file. Shall I try again.

If I selected "yes" same message appears.

Re-boot system - Same message
Run install as Administrator - Same message.
Rename the current comfyj.jar - Same message.

If I selected "no" I get a "Java.io.EOFExeception..." message" (see screen capture)

Help...

Click image for larger version - Name: Comfyj.jar.png, Views: 127, Size: 47.53 KB Click image for larger version - Name: java.io.eof.png, Views: 125, Size: 23.23 KB
Moe
Hi Pat,

Sounds like there was a conflict with the installer. Please download the zip archive version which can be found on the Beta downloads page. Look for the small print "Archive format without installer"

The instructions for installing using the zip archive are:

1. Download the "Archive format without an installer" from the link on the right side of the Beta downloads page.
   2. The zip file does not include an installer, so please follow the instructions to manually install.
   3. Extract the contents of the zip file. This should yield a folder called "PersonalBrain".
   4. Move this folder into your "C:\Program Files" folder.
   5. Right click on the file PersonalBrain.exe and select "Create Shortcut"
   6. Move the created shortcut onto your desktop.
   7. Drag the shortcut to the Start button to add a copy of it there also.
   8. To launch PersonalBrain, use the shortcut you have just created.

Best regards,
Moe
pshanks
Thanks Moe, that worked!

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software