NorthFarm

In 5.5.0.2 if you delete a thought with an attached type that has a color assigned to it and then undo your delete the thought will have the correct type but not show the color that is assigned to this type. Untyping the thought and reassigning the thought type gets the color back.

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 8.0.2.2 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_121
...and now testing TheBrain 9.0.158.0 :-)
Moe
Thanks Nortfarm. Confirmed and passed onto to the engineers.

Best regards,
Moe

dyslucksia
Quote: In 5.5.0.2 if you delete a thought with an attached type that has a color assigned to it and then undo your delete the thought will have the correct thought but not show the color that is assigned to this type

I think you meant:
Quote: ...the thought will have the correct type...

I recall posting this way back in v5.0.3.6. here:
http://thebrain.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=3532289

Moe made a note of it at the time, but it may not have been passed on to the engineers.

PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
NorthFarm
Yep, that is what I meant.

I also recalled the earlier post. But thought it might have a better chance the second time if we didn't mention that they didn't do anything about it the first time

Maybe I should go over all my old posts for earlier versions of PB and re-post them if they haven't been fixed or altered to my liking as new bugs for 5.5
----------------------
Moe
No need for that Nortfarm. Yes, this has been passed on to the engineers.

Best regards,
Moe

Darkstar
NorthFarm wrote: Yep, that is what I meant.

I also recalled the earlier post. But thought it might have a better chance the second time if we didn't mention that they didn't do anything about it the first time

Maybe I should go over all my old posts for earlier versions of PB and re-post them if they haven't been fixed or altered to my liking as new bugs for 5.5

Wow! What dedication! What free Q&A Testing! That's a hardcore user, sacrificing their personal time for a product they use. That's some love and loyalty.
-Darkstar
jostber
NorthFarm wrote: Yep, that is what I meant.

I agree with you, these posts can be re-posted if the bugs are important. Maybe we should have a bug tracking system for PB like it is for many other IT systems, f.ex. Java?

http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6858111

Ex. application Bugtracker: http://java-source.net/open-source/issue-trackers/bugtracker

I don't think UserVoice would cover this need, it is more suitable for feature suggestions.

TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

NorthFarm
Yes a bug tracker system would be great. But how do we decide between bug and feature request? We almost certainly will not have the same vies on this as the PB team. I have seen (and received) several answers from the mods about things we the users clearly regard as a bug which they suggest we put into UserVoice as a feature request.

There is no criticism intended here. I believe this is a natural "conflict" between the buyers and the producers of a product.
----------------------
Darkstar
Bug versus Feature Request is really a matter of different groups perceptions.

Anything that doesn't work "As expected" by the User is, to the User, a bug. Sometimes, the developer agrees that is a bug, and sometimes to the development team, that is not a bug, but a "change" and therefore, that is then said (by them) to be a "Feature Request".

It really doesn't matter what either group CALL the bug/feature request. It only matters if the development team is going to address it or not.
-Darkstar
NorthFarm

Not mentioned in the 5.5.0.9 release notes but the problem regarding the disappearing thought color has been fixed. Thanks.

----------------------
NorthFarm

But it is now back in 5.5.1.5

----------------------
dyslucksia
I forgot about your earlier thread and re-posted it here:
http://thebrain.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=3751399

PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
NorthFarm

Fixed in 5.5.1.6 again. Thanks

----------------------

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software