FransJehoul
Good afternoon,

As requested, you find a brain example witch show a representation of a process, workflow, ...... etc. etc

I constructed a flow with 88 steps and it showed in the plex as a spiral (good) but when i worked with it, it always shows more than 100 thoughts in the plex, i could make 4 subflows and now it works fine.

a few remarks
  • in standard view, from the flow header, you get in the jump part a list of the steps.
  • in expanded mode i use <scroll> mouse wheel (greater distance between thoughts) and immediately again <scroll> mouse wheel (this time to make distances smaller), because pb than better order the sequence of thoughts.
  • I start every thought of the flow with a sequence number (fe 'Step  001') but i think it is not necessarily.
Regards,

Frans
Adathome

Frans,

- After a quick look my first reaction, use for the flow link-type properties a thickness 5.0 this give a better look.
- i think it is better to use a jump relation for the documents, the flow is the  primary hierarchical goal in this brain.

Until it is possible to store a selected (plex)view in PB you can consider to use CmapTools for a more easy recall of your flowchart view.

Example of your flow with Cmaptools: 
 http://cmapspublic.ihmc.us/rid=1224529693806_583843267_23203/Flow%20one.cmap

(PB....and.....CmapTool files......import-export function!) 

Cmaptools
http://cmap.ihmc.us/conceptmap.html

Click image for larger version - Name: 21-10-2008_21-28-27_small.png, Views: 1178, Size: 99.04 KB
Regards, Ad Divide knowledge = multiply knowledge (Windows 10 -  TB8 / TB9)
FransJehoul
Good afternoon Adathome,

• Line thickness 5.0 this give a better look.   Ok!
  • To use a jump relation for the documents: It depends on the way  information (knowledge) is stored in the brain (usage of jump relation).
  • The flow is the  primary hierarchical goal in this brain. Depends on the way you get there.  Flow -> information   or information -> flow
  • It is also possible to store information as attachments or even in notes, depending on the situation.

Regards,

Frans
Adathome
FransJehoul wrote:
  • It is also possible to store information as attachments or even in notes, depending on the situation.

You can do that with Cmaptools, see the example!

Regards, Ad Divide knowledge = multiply knowledge (Windows 10 -  TB8 / TB9)
Axla
The presentation of flow/timeline/sequence is my highest wish for PB!

I find this thread really interesting, and I have used PB in a sequence manner as depicted above, and it works pretty well. But it only works as a forensic tool, i.e. I have to click on the latest thought, then the thought above, etc.

This is a workaround of the obstacles within the current system of PB.

Cmaps is a good example of flow, and (coincidently?) information on links. I like Cmaps and have made a few Cmaps with good results. The obvious shortcoming is the lack of dynamisism.

Harlan has several times said that the links can contain the same information as the thoughts, since they are identically stored in the database, so there are plenty of opportunities to store information. Links could be presented with a circle on the midpoint, which can be filled or hollow, depending on if there is information on the link. Maybe links could be linked on circles?

With an introduction of flow/sequence, many new GUI adjustments must be made, e.g. how to present links between thoughts, there isn't available real estate as Harlan et.al. has laid out the GUI. And most likely us users will have a waterfall of new suggestions and recommendations.

If these suggestions are implemented, PB will become a completely different tool compared to today, and I want it!!
Boyley
"Work Flow Steps" and "Timeline".

Problem "Work Flow Steps":
Numbering steps in a task causes problems when any of the steps is in more than one category of thoughts. The numbering does not usually suite each category and numbered steps do not always show sequentially, or in a group, when viewed in expanded mode.

Solution Create Work Flow Steps:
  1. Link Task Steps as child of previous step
  2. Set Link Type between Steps as "! Timeline" with link width increased and contrasting color.
Problem "Timeline":
Many tasks overlap or can happen at the same time, requiring a way to show when steps from several different tasks will occur in relation to each other. These two tasks, creating "Work Flow Steps" and "Timeline", are examples of this.

Solution Create a Timeline:
  1. Create a thought called "! Timeline"
  2. Create Thought Type "Timeline" with contrasting color.
  3. Use 'create duplicate child' to create more, each a child of the other.
  4. Set Link Type "! Timeline"

Integrate Work Flow & Timeline:

1. Link Steps to appropriate Timeline points
  2. Link Task as jump to Timeline with fist Step

Click image for larger version - Name: Timeline.gif, Views: 2155, Size: 89.58 KB
Enjoy,

Steve Boyley
Mind Your Mind
Open Your Mind To How People Think
http://www.nlpmind.com/nlp-practitioner.htm
Darkstar
You also asked about Flow over at:
http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=3041581

Did you check out my reply to that to see if would be be useful for your purposes?
-Darkstar

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software