GlenBuecker
Is there a way to either focus on a thought so there are no parent thoughts visible or, export a thought so that it becomes the main thought of a new brain? I am trying to use to PB in place of PowerPoint presentations in class and often don't want everything else in my brain showing. If I create the material in a new brain, I can't incorporate it into my main brain. Thanks for any suggestions.

Glen
Harlan
Hi Glen, we are working on functions for both importing and exporting content from one Brain to another. For now, you could hide the other thoughts in your Brain simply by unlinking them. (Click on the link to unlink.)

If you like, you could create a thought type such as "Standalone topics" and the assign this type to all of your topics that you want to disconnect from everything else. This way you can use the Reports tab to easily find all of these thoughts yet still have them show without any connections.

Regards,
-Harlan
GlenBuecker
Thanks for the quick response!

Just to check my thinking on this, if I remove a link, the thought(s) at the end of the chain become lost (ie. A--B--C--D and I unlink B to C). Since I haven't "forgotten" them, they just disappear from existence.Can I get them back after a close and reopen of the brain file? If I can't get them back, is it true that there is no way to hide parent thought from the active thought?

Thanks again. I am having a great time with PB

Glen

Harlan
Glen,

Unlinking them does not forget them. They are still there, you just don't see them. You can still access them by their other connections, through instant activate (search), reports, etcetera. For example, if thoughts A > B > C are connected and A is active, unlinking B makes it disappear from the display, but if you then type B into the search box, you will see it can still be activated.

My suggestion about using a thought type to locate these disconnect thoughts is merely a convenience is not really necessary. But if you do this, this would provide another way to accessing those thoughts.
Regards,
-Harlan
GlenBuecker
Thanks! That really makes it clear to me now. Any status on printing of notes for Mac?

Glen

Harlan
Glen, to print your notes from the Mac, select the Open in Browser command then print from there. We're hoping to improve this in a future version.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software