Tommy
Could you move the folder used for templates inside brains data folder, or at least inside PB installation folder?  For example, PB is installed in D:\Utils\PersonalBrains\, the folder for my brain files (data) is d:\My Brains\...  but the folder for template files seems to be C:\Documents and settings\MyName\Application Data\PersonalBrains\templates\.  Actually, I just copy all the content of D:\My Brains\ to my usb key and I can use PB with all the data.  If the templates are located in another place (c:\...), I will have to manually copy that specific folder on my usb key and copy it again on my other computer.  It would be useful to have everything in the same location (ideally, the same folder as data).

Thanks,

Tommy

JosefBetancourt
Maybe it should be configurable (maybe it is already?).  I can see why it would be put in non-app folder, so the templates could be per user, for example.

-- Josef

Harlan
Hello, the folder for templates and other settings is not placed in the applications folder because these are considered user level settings. Also, some OSes (Vista, Linux) prevent the application from accessing the program folder for security reasons, so it's not really an option at all.

If you install PB onto a USB removable drive, then the templates folder will be placed into the program folder also.

Regards,
-Harlan
jwilson
I have installed PB 4.1.2.8 to a flash drive (Win XP), but the templates folder still is set to:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\PersonalBrain\templates

How can I get this to be set to a folder on the flash drive?

I use MAC OS at home and Win XP at work. 

Thanks,
Joe

mcaton
Joe,

Unfortunately, this directory cannot be moved.  We've added this item to our Feature Request list for a future build.

Thanks,
Matt
jwilson
Thanks. I look forward to the enhancement.

Joe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software