rengel
I might have found a way to reproduce this error (see attached video; unzip and run the .mp4 video).

Using Firefox, I wanted to save a page from GitHub to my local machine and add it to my brain to a thought called 'TypeScript-Vue-Starter'.
Here are the steps:
- Create the thought in a brain.
- Visit the GitHub page (https://github.com/Microsoft/TypeScript-Vue-Starter)
- In Firefox, save the page locally.
- Mark the file and the folder generated by Firefox.
- Drag & drop them onto the thought.
- Here you get the first error. Continue.
- Delete the file first. (No problem.)
- Then try to delete the folder. Here you get the second error.
- The folder is not deleted; and from now on the thought is undeletable!
- Try to forget and then delete the forgotten thought; doesn't work.

Reinhard TB 9.1.19.0, WIN 10

The quality of good products is the
result of the attention paid to details.
rengel
Has this been confirmed by anybody?
At least, bug reports should be acknowledged in a timely manner.
Otherwise customers give up to send them.
Then everybody looses.

GaryW
FYI, running v9.1.18.0 in MacOS Mojave (10.14). No problems here deleting forgotten thoughts.
We see the world not as it is but as we are.
rengel
@GaryW
Thanks for your feedback! Maybe I haven't expressed myself clearly enough. I don't have problems to delete forgotten thoughts in general, but only thoughts that had been produced in exactly the manner shown in my video clip.

mcaton
Rengel,

Just tested in v10 and everything worked well.  Trying now in 9.1.17 - stay tuned.

Thanks,
Matt
mcaton
Rengel,

All steps are working for me in v9.1.17 as well.  Replicated exactly as outlined above.  Just curious if you try this process in a new/test Brain if you get the same results.

Thanks,
Matt
mcaton
Reinhard,

Sorry, one more thing.  Can you delete your Output.log file (Click on Help > Open Log Directory to access the file) replicate the same problem and send a copy of the new output.log file into support@thebrain.com? Please reference this forum thread.

Thanks,
Matt
rengel
Output log + Brain

mcaton wrote:
Reinhard,

Sorry, one more thing.  Can you delete your Output.log file (Click on Help > Open Log Directory to access the file) replicate the same problem and send a copy of the new output.log file into support@thebrain.com? Please reference this forum thread.

Thanks,
Matt

Done!

One more thing comes to my mind. I don't know if it matters:
My brains (my user data) are stored on drive D:
D:\Admin\TheBrain9\U01
The AppData are stored on drive C:
C:\Users\nc-en\AppData\Local\TheBrain
TheBrain (the software) is stored on drive D:
D:\.bin\TheBrain9   (with a '.' in '.bin'!)

I guess, that's a little bit unusual, but I never had problems with this arrangement. But here is what made me think that there could be a problem:
ErrorWhileDeleting.png
This is another folder that I saved with Firefox and then dragged into a brain. When I try to delete this folder, I first get the error message shown above (My translation: "The source and target path must have identical root directories. Moving across volumes is not possible.") When I later try to delete the folder I just get the cryptic error message 'Constraint'.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software