ikel
Hi,

Found large PDF files deep in Brain's folder but not appear in report window. Is it okay to delete them manually?

Regards,
ikel
mcaton
Ikel,

Thanks for posting. Did you find these in a thought's containing folder?  Such as:
C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\Brains\U01\B03\01c0ff7f-845a-4955-ba7d-9ef9fcd862a4\LargeFile.PDF ?

Did you try searching for the file name in your Brain?

I'm always hesitant to delete anything!  But to answer your question... if the above path is an example of where you found the file, the only downside in TheBrain application is that the file just won't be there anymore when you navigate to the appropriate Thought - but you won't break anything.

Also, which report did you run, expecting to find the same PDF's?

Matt
ikel
Yes!

I searched via windows search. Searching brain does not return the large pdf. Searching windows does.

I ran report with attachments and couldn't find this particular attachment.
mcaton
ikel,

Thanks for the follow up.  When you change your Report criteria to "By Attachment"... did you type in .pdf in the Name Field?

Thanks,
Matt
ikel
I didn't do that. Never thought of that!

...and it worked! I could see the files that I wanted to delete. Isn't this kind of embarrasing, I've been using since Brain 7 and such a basic feature I didn't know how to use....
ikel
case closed... a happy ending
mcaton
Fantastic!

Thanks,
Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software