path
Ok, i downloaded the "AGENDA BRAIN" from the Forum and put it into
a Brain. Now i selected the Root and crawled to 5 levels of children.
I wanted to copy&paste it.
I know it's many thoughts at once, but i dont understand why it freezes
I have a windowsfolder with more than 50.000 files and i can easily press Ctrl+A
and Copy-Paste them into another folder.Ok, maybe not that easy, but it works.
mcaton
When does the freeze occur exactly?  Right after you click OK?  Is there any change to the Selection box?

Also, where did you find the Agenda Brain?  I just took a peak in the Brain Examples and didn't see it.  I'd like to test on our end.

Thanks,
Matt
path
I found it here:
http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2035280&highlight=agenda

I ctrl-clicked the root thought of my calendar. Afterwards selected "Crawl Brain & Modify Selection" from it's context menu in the selection list, because i guess there is no other fast way of selecting many thoughts, and then i said "childward" and "do not exceed 5 clicks away".
It started to do something, and then the content of my PB window freezed and i wasnt able to do anything. i waited for 30 minutes for the operation to finish, but nothing has happened.

mcaton
Ah... I see.  7000+ thoughts.  I'm importing the old .brn file now and will let you know what type of response I get on my end.

Matt
mcaton
Well it did take a while.  I basically stepped away while the process ran over night, so I'm not sure of the exact amount of time.  But I did end up with 7,213 Thoughts selected .

We'll take a closer look at this to see if there's any way to speed this type of process up in future builds.

Thanks,
Matt
path
I wonder how long it took exactly, maybe i'll try again.
i ask myself if its possible to speed this one up? maybe it's enough to put commands you give to THEBRAIN into something like a priority queue or a normal queue and process them while you can browse other thoughts.
This way you would be able to do things while it is adding all
the nodes to the selection.
In addition it could be useful to give you some information about the queue, so you know how many commands are in there and what the estimated time to finish would be.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software