GerSch

When I link from the Brain to a Google Docs-document, can I search for the fulltext of this documents? Or is it not possible to index those documents like the Google E-Mails?

Moe
GerSch, Google documents are not indexed. However, you can save your Google documents as attachments then attach them into PB so that PB can index them.

Thanks,
Moe
GerSch
So you can index all the Google documents files, if there were attached in the Brain. Would it be possible for you from the technical side to index these files, if we only link them? Or doesn´t allow Google this step? Or it would never work, because...?

What is the answer from the programmer of The Brain Technologie?
Moe

GerSch,

As for the technical reason why PB cannot create a full text index of Google docs, I will have to consult with our developers then get back to you.

You can try the following (see below for setup instructions) so that you can search your Google docs from within PB .

1. Login to docs.google.com using your default web browser.

2. In PB press the F4 key to bring up the "Search Web" window.

3. Select the "Edit" button.

4. Select the "Add new" button. You will see a blank name textbox and a blank URL textbox.

5. for Name, put in whatever you desire (eg GoogleDocs). For URL, input the following "https://docs.google.com/#search/TARGETSTRING" (excluding quotes). Then hit the "OK" button.

6. To test it out, hit the F4 key in PB to bring up the "Search Web" window then select "GoogleDocs" (or whatever you added in step 5) in the "Search Engine" drop down. Next, input in the string you want to search for into the text field above the "Search Engine" drop down then select the "OK" button. This will open your web browser then pass the search string into the URL at which point Google Docs will return you its results.

Note: For this to work you have to be logged into Google docs in your default web browser.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Moe

GerSch
Thanks Moe for your answer. I know the way about "Search Web". You search in the Google Mails and Docs with one search fom PB, if the feature is activated in the preferences in GMail (I wrote in another thread).

It would really be helpfull for me, to contact your developers for an answer.

One of the most advantages of PB is to get all information with one search in PB and not with several searches over all my informations.
GerSch

@Moe: Could you talk with your developers about indexing Google documents and Mails. What is about indexing OneNote-pages?

Moe
GerSch, OneNote pages are not indexed either. Please put in a feature request on our UserVoice page for both (OneNote pages and Google docs and Mails indexing).

Thanks,
Moe

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software