Here are some additional great resources

Learn at Your Own Pace

Manuals: http://www.thebrain.com/manual
Tutorials:
http://www.thebrain.com/tutorials

Past Webinars on Creating Brains:
http://www.thebrain.com/recordings

Live Weekly Webinars

If you'd prefer an interactive session, join PersonalBrain 101 and learn online with live Q&A - We host the session every Friday at 10:00 am Pacific, 1:00 pm Eastern time.

http://www.thebrain.com/pb101

Shelley
hwk
I don't find the command "Paste thought icon" to attach a pictite as a icon to a thought. Any help?
zenrain
http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2106700
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Baldrych

I am running Core 4 and am a bit confused about the use of attachments. I am gaily adding lots of attachments to the main thought i.e. History and to sub-thoughts i.e. modules. I have realised that I am still on the month Pro trial. The Pro says you can add multiple attachments but what about the Core version. It doesn't say how many attachments can be added. Are all my attachments going to disappear once the month's trial of Pro is finished? And how can I get rid of the Pro trial so I'll know what I can and can't do in core? 

zenrain
In the Pro version you can add as many attachments to thoughts as you want. The Core version allows one attachment per thought. The free version will not allow any attachments, but you can still access all attachments you added during the trial period. You just won't be able to add new ones.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
downingda
Shelley, no one's answered my post yet:

"What's the easiest way to make modifications and additions of Word document attachments to thoughts in a published Brain?  Do I have to reexport the entire document or can I work with the attached document directly on my Web site?"

Thanks,  Dave

Dave
MoneyTime
Hello

I am a new Free Pro Trial user. For the last 10 days I have been busy building my brain that has grown to great lengths. Well this morning I woke up and it was gone. It appeared that I have lost my brain. Can you help me fine it? This is the error message I am receiving.

( The Brain /Users/MoneyTime/Grady_brain/brain_db_backup/Entries-Body-60.clb.brain does not exist or has been moved)

I am also using a MAC Pro Laptop with Tiger 10.4....

Don't fall for the Timeshare Trap. You can Travel like the Rich & Famous For pennies on the dollars click below to fine out how.

Http://www.AmazingVacations4Less.com
zenrain
When are you getting the error? When you first open the brain?

It sounds like the brain path has been mis-named somehow. The Entries-Body-60 should just be a .clb file, not a clb.brain.

You should have two things in the /Users/MoneyTime path, the first is a .brain file named after your brain (grady.brain), the second is a folder with your brain name and then _brain (for example grady_brain). If grady.brain is there, double click on it, it should open your brain.
If there is a file there with a .brain extension but an different name and it doesn't correlate to another _brain folder, try renaming it to grady.brain.
If there is no file there with a .brain extension, try a search for files with a .brain extension, then if you find one, copy it from the current location back to your /Users/MoneyTime location.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
MoneyTime
Thanks zenrain

For trying to help but it seem like I've tried just about everything. But its still not working. Its amazing how quickly we can become so depend on this technology,
its like I have always had it. An now I can't do without it. As much as I hate to I guess I'll just have to start all over gain. Thanks again.

To Our Success

MoneyTime
Don't fall for the Timeshare Trap. You can Travel like the Rich & Famous For pennies on the dollars click below to fine out how.

Http://www.AmazingVacations4Less.com
zenrain
You may also try e-mailing support@thebrain.com. They may be able to help you recover your work.

Regardless of what you end up doing, I'd recommend using File > Create Brainzip after your days work, so you will have a backup.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
berengere
I have the free pro Trial version. I would like to print my brain, and I have few problems.
I would like to have a document that can be opened on a computer that do not have "personalbrain", and can be printed from this computer. The export options do not fit at all for this purpose, so I tried to save it as a pdf file. But colors are lost in the pdf document. Only coloured links remain. In addition the margins are extremely large and it seems that I cannot change them. Is it a problem that is specific to the free version?
Some help?
Thanks!

Harlan
Before you print, adjust the layout onscreen to be how you want it on the page (IE if there are large borders on screen, there will also be on the print-out).

PB automatically adjusts colors when printing. Unfortunately there is not setting currently to prevent this.
Regards,
-Harlan
lize
Hi,

I am using personal brain and have been telling friends and family about it. On my pc it works fine, but my mom downloaded the trail on her laptop and it won't let her drag urls or files into the plex. Her laptop has windows vista, that's the only thing I could think off that is different from my situation.

Is this a known problem with vista or is it something else that keeps her from dragging and dropping?

thanks in advance!
KariAnne
I recently bought the Pro version, after which I was offered the indexing library.  Prior to this I had already experienced lots of problems with my Outlook and PC freezing, which probably was caused by the fact that Outlook hadn't been properly closed when I installed.  When I installed the indexing library on top of this, my whole system virtually collapsed.  I have now unistalled PB, made sure that Outlook has been properly closed and reinstalled PB.  Things seem o be working fine - but I now need to look into installing the indexing version.

My questions are now: 
1. Is the download of the indexing library supposed to be installed "on top" of the normal PB version, or must I uninstall PB first?
2. My task manager shows that PB is alreay scoring 90 000K on memory usage (Outlook = 125 000K).  How much will the indexing library add to the memory usage and will this cause my PC to slow down? 
3.  Do you advise the use of the indexing library?

I currently am testing out PB on my laptop, the aim is to use it on my work PC.  However, until I am certain that PB will not cause problems, I am hesitant to install it at work, although I am very keen on getting this aid for work.

Thanks for your help!

Kari Anne,
Oslo, Norway

jostber
KariAnne wrote: I recently bought the Pro version, after which I was offered the indexing library.  Prior to this I had already experienced lots of problems with my Outlook and PC freezing, which probably was caused by the fact that Outlook hadn't been properly closed when I installed.  When I installed the indexing library on top of this, my whole system virtually collapsed.  I have now unistalled PB, made sure that Outlook has been properly closed and reinstalled PB.  Things seem o be working fine - but I now need to look into installing the indexing version.

My questions are now: 
1. Is the download of the indexing library supposed to be installed "on top" of the normal PB version, or must I uninstall PB first?
2. My task manager shows that PB is alreay scoring 90 000K on memory usage (Outlook = 125 000K).  How much will the indexing library add to the memory usage and will this cause my PC to slow down? 
3.  Do you advise the use of the indexing library?

I currently am testing out PB on my laptop, the aim is to use it on my work PC.  However, until I am certain that PB will not cause problems, I am hesitant to install it at work, although I am very keen on getting this aid for work.

Thanks for your help!

Kari Anne,
Oslo, Norway

There are some more information for your first question in this thread:

http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=3225392

TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software