CaptainJustice
I see a number of old topics on this, but nothing recent.
I initiate the sync and get a momentary message in the upper right corner of TheBrain -- flashes by quickly -- believe it says Gathering Google Calendar Info.

Nothing comes in.

-- The Cap'n
Surface Pro 6, Windows 10
Dell XPS 15 laptop, Windows 10
Homemade desktop for Ham Shack, Windows 10
Samsung 7Edge
pthompson
  • What type of gmail account are you using? Regular, @gmail.com account; Business/Google Apps, @YOURDOMAIN.com, etc?
  • Are you using 2-factor authentication?
  • Are you sure you have entries in your main, default, Google Calendar? Syncing will not occur with extra calendars.
We have tested this on our end and have found no issue in syncing so any additional information you can share will help us troubleshoot this issue. Thank you.
CaptainJustice
Plain old @gmail.com and my only account.
-- The Cap'n
Samsung 7Edge
pthompson
Can you please try syncing again and send an output.log to support@thebrain.com

In Windows, right click the TheBrain icon in your start menu then select 'Run as administrator', this will enable TheBrain to run as administrator for one session. Next, reproduce the problem then email us a copy of your output.log file which can be found in Program Files (x86)\TheBrain or Program Files\TheBrain (if you are using TheBrain 64-bit). Please be sure to delete any existing output.log files before reproducing the issue so we can get a clearer look at what the issue may be. 

On a Mac, Please be sure to delete any existing output.log files before reproducing the issue so we can get a clearer look at what the issue may be. Navigate to TheBrain in the Applications, right click on the icon and select 'Show Package Contents'. After this, you can find the output.log file in the Contents > Resources > App folder.

CaptainJustice
I can't find where I sent in the output.log but have done so this morning.
-- The Cap'n
Samsung 7Edge
CaptainJustice
This morning I created a new brain and added one entry in TB, sync, not in Google.
Created an entry in Google, sync, not in TB.
All that happens on the screen in the upper right corner is a real fast scroll ... Gathering google ??? ... goes by to fast to read. I have a LOT of Google entries so I'm thinking TB never accesses Google at all.
My environment:
Windows 8.1
TB 8 ... current
Java ... latest as of 3 days ago
Internet connection is a 12Mbps cable provider connection, no corporate firewalls. 
My firewall is provided by ESET (not windows). My cloud sync works just fine but I disabled the firewall temporarily and still no go.

I have sent the test brainzip and a new output.log to support.
-- The Cap'n
Samsung 7Edge
CaptainJustice
I have received the following from TB:

Quote:

Patrick Thompson (TheBrain Support)

Feb 17, 08:57

Thank you for contacting us. This is a known issue that has recently occurred due to changes Google has made in their Calendar API. Our engineers are aware of this problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. We do not have any ETA on a fix at this time, however. Please feel free to reply or call +310-751-5000 if you have any additional questions.

Best regards, 
Patrick Thompson

Thank you, Patrick. I think all of us on the forum would like to know that this is getting some expedited treatment and even a "best guess" ETA would be comforting.

-- The Cap'n
Samsung 7Edge
danlandrum
@CaptainJustice
Thanks for sharing. I've gotten used to it not working to the point that I don't even notice there's supposed to be calendar syncing. My external calendars, using a combination of Fantastical with both Apple and Google calendars, is such a functioning, elegant solution, that I'm not sure anything internal to TheBrain could top it. Still, it would be nice to see it working, and to hear en masse here on the forums that a known bug exists. Someone, somewhere, is wasting time right now trying to figure out what they're doing wrong. 
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
pthompson
This is a known issue that has recently occurred due to changes Google has made in their Calendar API. Our engineers are aware of this problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. We do not have any ETA on a fix at this time, however.
GerSch
Patrick, a working Google Calendar sync seems not to have high priority on your development list, or? We are waiting since December for a fix. Timerelated entries in TheBrain is quite difficult and without Google Calendar it is not easier... ;-) 
CaptainJustice
GerSch wrote:
Patrick, a working Google Calendar sync seems not to have high priority on your development list, or? We are waiting since December for a fix. Timerelated entries in TheBrain is quite difficult and without Google Calendar it is not easier... ;-) 

+1
Outlook syncs with the new Google API.
FullSlate syncs with the new Google API.

Compared to the rest of TheBrain, getting that sync working would not seem to be that difficult.

If begging would help, I'm not above that  [biggrin]
-- The Cap'n
Samsung 7Edge
pthompson
I will check with our engineers on their progress with this issue.

GerSch
What did your engineers say...?
pthompson
GerSch,

There is an ongoing discussion on this issue behind the scenes with support and our engineers but I don't have any update at the moment. I will keep you updated with any news as soon as I have it. 
GerSch
V8.0.1.5 out now, but still not fixed the Google calendar sync issue. I´m very dissapointed :-( :-(!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software