frankvanexter
1. The new iOS app looks exactly like the old app, with one missing feauture: enlarging the canvas. Absolutely necessary for me as an impaired user;
2. All my icons in my Thoughts were missing;
3. All my hyperlinks in my Thought were missing. This makes my Brain totally useless;
4. My bookmarklet in Safari is not workig anymore, so I can't add a new Thought to my Brain;
5. The URL Scheme (brain://app/api/inbox?url=[[body]]&title=[[title]]) is not working, so I can't add a new Thought to my Brain.

Missing al these 5 features jumps to the conclusion that TheBrainTech is no longer interested in their iOS users.

I'm aware that I use the free edition with limited features, but there was no warning for this extreme limitations...
Harlan
Sorry you are having trouble with the new version of the app.

Actually we put a lot of work into the new version so there must be something going wrong.

1. The new app has two modes inside of it - version 8 and version 9. If you are using version 9, it is much different. You can switch between versions from the Login screen. In version 9, you can enlarge the text size using "pinch to zoom" but it is sometimes a little finicky so you may have to try a few times to make it work.

2 and 3. Please send screenshots to support@thebrain.com so we can help you troubleshoot these issues. This should not happen.

4 and 5. The bookmarklet in Safari is no longer necessary. In version 9, you use the standard iOS "Share" icon to send things to your Brain.
Regards,
-Harlan
frankvanexter
Thanks for your reaction!

If I change to TheBrain 9 in the ios app nearly all my icons are not visible, but I can make them visible again by adding a new Photo attachment. I'm not aware of how many thousands there are, but it will cost me months to do it. Good job for the coming winter...
Worse is that:
1. My existing icons are not launching (more than 20 years of work;
2. Using the new extension will send an arrachment to the inbox, but tapping the attachment in the open Inbox will not place it into my thought.

I will send screenshots to supprt, including this message.

Regards,
Frank 70AC3239-6CF1-40EA-A58B-6C89D79055BD.png  94D4A094-D819-4883-ABC3-2171BEAB26AF.png  EBAD3329-4458-437A-AD35-A633023CF405.png 
frankvanexter
I'm in a develish dilemma. In The Brain 8 my icons are visible and my hyperlinks are working. More than 20 yers of work. But I can't add a new thoug, because the new extension works only in TheBrain 9 on iOS.

In TheBrain 9 I can pinch the canvas to enoarge the screen. Great!
But all my icons are invisible en hyperlinks are disabled. The new extension does its work, but refuses to add the hyperlink from the Inbox into a new Thought.

Please give me back the old bookmarklet and URL Scheme in TheBrain 8, till the problems are solved in version 9.
I need to add new thoughts every day! 46F645A2-1EC9-4060-B2BE-9BD6CC87E23A.png 
Harlan
Hi Frank,

I found your ticket in support and will get back to you there. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
frankvanexter
Hi Harlan, some Additioal information:

When I recovered some of my 4 Ram on my iPad Pro 12,9" First Generation, I was able to attach an URL into a though in TheBrain 9.
But when I tapped this little icon a pop-up opened (see screenshot) .
Is fhis the starting point to open the URL in Safari? How to proceed this?

Witk kind regards,
Frank 0F09F73D-74B7-4DA3-926F-6880400149CA.png 
Harlan
We worked with Frank to resolve these issues.

For others who come across this thread...
  • There is nothing wrong with the opening of URLs on TheBrain 9 for iOS. The confusion was that tapping on the icon to open the attachment does not work currently.
  • Adding via the inbox is also working correctly.
  • Icons based on attachments that have not been downloaded locally are not displayed. This a documented issue that will be addressed in the future.
  • The large font issue where attachment names are using font that is too large to fit is being fixed for the next release.
  • The bookmarklet in V8 mode is no longer supported. The next release will include a fix that allows the standard share sheet to work for URLs whether you are in V8 or V9 mode.
Regards,
-Harlan
frankvanexter
Thanks to Harlan who solved my problems during the weekend with a lot of patience. Chapeau!
To open a hyperlink in V9 you go to the 'paperclip' and tap the link.
To download a yet not visible icon, go the 'paperclip' and tap and hold the icon. It will dowload and will be visible after a fresh start of your Brain. This will be solved in a new release of the iOS app.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software