ICU_MD
I'm a heavy user of TheBrain, but still haven't found a use for the timeline.

If you do use it, in what context?

Sorry if this has been discussed before.
Juan Gutierrez, M.D.
Cerebrum
Take a look at this: Timeline and Events.
Here's a post in that topic that is especially useful: How zenrain uses the Timeline.

I don't use the Timeline because  I'm waiting for the ability to filter and sync based on some kind of "Event Type/Category". 

Edited: Added link to zenrain's post.
zenrain
Follow-up... Not much has changed in my usage thus far. I'm also now using it for tracking my own personal development regimen, for example I'll add workouts, or if a day is supposed to be heavy or light, or recurring events like reviewing x.
I do still have "Daily" thoughts (thoughts with the days date on them) and Weekly thoughts. I use them mainly for diary entries and week overviews for accomplishments.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
ruudhein
In my Work brain I use the timeline to visualize capacity. The majority of my work projects are sequential, finished from start to end, then the next project begins. I used to use Dynalist with a series of "slots" to visualize that. I have a client document listing clients and their projects. Then a Slots document with 12 slots where I link back to those projects.

Using TheBrain for client/project stuff speeds up that worklfow. I now have Clients with their projects as child thoughts. The start and duration of the project goes as an event. Timeline is always open, 99% of the time in month view. It's easy to see where I'm full, where there's place; what's the next available slot.

In my Personal brain it is tempting to use the timeline for historic overview. Doing that would require quite a bit of updating of old time events, so that's what's holding me back.
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | Liner | TheBrain v9.1.12.0

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software