ICU_MD
I'm a heavy user of TheBrain, but still haven't found a use for the timeline.

If you do use it, in what context?

Sorry if this has been discussed before.
Juan Gutierrez, M.D.
Cerebrum
Take a look at this: Timeline and Events.
Here's a post in that topic that is especially useful: How zenrain uses the Timeline.

I don't use the Timeline because  I'm waiting for the ability to filter and sync based on some kind of "Event Type/Category". 

Edited: Added link to zenrain's post.
zenrain
Follow-up... Not much has changed in my usage thus far. I'm also now using it for tracking my own personal development regimen, for example I'll add workouts, or if a day is supposed to be heavy or light, or recurring events like reviewing x.
I do still have "Daily" thoughts (thoughts with the days date on them) and Weekly thoughts. I use them mainly for diary entries and week overviews for accomplishments.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
ruudhein
In my Work brain I use the timeline to visualize capacity. The majority of my work projects are sequential, finished from start to end, then the next project begins. I used to use Dynalist with a series of "slots" to visualize that. I have a client document listing clients and their projects. Then a Slots document with 12 slots where I link back to those projects.

Using TheBrain for client/project stuff speeds up that worklfow. I now have Clients with their projects as child thoughts. The start and duration of the project goes as an event. Timeline is always open, 99% of the time in month view. It's easy to see where I'm full, where there's place; what's the next available slot.

In my Personal brain it is tempting to use the timeline for historic overview. Doing that would require quite a bit of updating of old time events, so that's what's holding me back.
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | InstaPaper | Liner | TheBrain v10.0.30.0
enkidu
I have tried but not purchased TheBrain 9 Pro.

Has anyone used the Timeline like "detectives in police TV series", that is :

1. brainstorming with lots of POST-ITson a wall  (==> creating thoughts & events in TheBrain plex)
2. organising them chronologically                     (==> go to Timeline view)

??
I'd be curious.
cheers
enkidu
ruudhein
Nope.

Ideally I'd love to take my main brain's dated entries and all assign them a place on the timeline....but that's for another lifetime
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | InstaPaper | Liner | TheBrain v10.0.30.0
zenfrog
I have been experimenting with my task manager - Nozbe

Nozbe Scheduled Items - Google Cal - The Brain

I mostly use Evernote for my random bits of info during the day, a semi organised scrap book - which links nicely with Nozbe (integration is A1).

Any occasions where I have a huge amount of new info or ideas I can then link an event to some thoughts in the Brain. 

Not a complete integration but a rough and useful one. Only thing is the timeline feature doesn’t show on the iPad - so really this is a once or twice a week thing when gardening my brain

i did also try with droptask - nice visual integration but don’t use at the moment. 
GaryW
I started using Timeline connected to my Google Calendar when it was first introduced. I notice though when you search, Timeline entries are shown. That's okay for one-time events but on repeated occurrences, they don't mean much and also clog up the search. Consequently, I turned the feature off.

If there is a way to exclude timeline entries in a search, please let me know.

Thx,
Gary
We see the world not as it is but as we are.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software