Cerebrum
Part of my job involves software development and, over the past two years, I've tried to use TheBrain to help with that development, but it has been quite a challenge.

I'm wondering how TheBrain development team uses TheBrain to help track software development.
Even general guidelines would be useful.
Thank you.
metta
Great question, Cerebrum! I'm keenly interested this, as well.
pthompson
We have an example of this in our IT and Engineering Brain and Webinar.
mcaton
We keep several different TeamBrains to track projects, clients, support and other vital, shared pieces of information.  Unfortunately, we can't share/demo these specific Brains because of the sensitive information that they contain.  

Some of the key features that are particularly important to me: I depend on Thought Tags (attn. Matt, attn. Patrick, etc.) to 'assign' Thoughts to one another.  We also rely on the reports to review recently modified Thoughts.  And we always keep our shared Brains on Auto Sync to be sure that we have the latest, greatest data!

Thanks,
Matt
Cerebrum
I hadn't thought of TeamBrain. It's basically TB8 with multi-user collaboration, right?

How do you know that a thought has been "assigned" to you?
How do you track multiple pieces of information for various projects and clients? How do you track dates? How do you integrate with email, contacts and calendars?

I guess the big question is: Will there be a new version of TeamBrain based on the TB9 architecture?
mcaton
Yes - Brain Collaboration.  More info available at http://www.thebrain.com/products/teambrain/ .

We like to use Tags for assigning Thoughts:

• attn Matt
  • attn Patrick
  • attn Shelley, etc.

Much of the tracking is done in reports.  If I've been out for a few days, after I re-sync TheBrain we're using, I'll run a report to find recently modified content.  Contact info is always pasted into the notes for each person.  Emails can be dragged in from Outlook, but we typically copy/paste the important stuff into Brain notes too.  And the calendar is a tab in TheBrain as well.

And finally, yes! There will be TeamBrain functionality in v9 as well.

Thanks
Matt
Cerebrum
Thanks Matt. That's helpful.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software