leolit
Brain 9 and Brain 8 have different databases and servers. Will you stop V8 servers after V9 release? Or at some later date? This is very important question for me [smile]
pthompson
No, we will not just abruptly stop supporting TheBrain 8 servers after release of TheBrain 9. If this does occur at some point in the future there will be a significant warning beforehand.
sebray61
What will happen with TheBrain 8 ?  I have many brains that I don't want to lose. I want to continue using TheBrain 8 for sometime because I have put much work into projects which I don't want to lose.  The way TheBrain 8 works for me is great. I don't really want to change.
Can you tell me what to expect and reassure me that my brain projects are for not ?
Harlan
There is no plan to deactivate TheBrain 8 servers even after TheBrain 9 is released. Unless it becomes a major burden to keep them running they will be kept active as long as they are in use by a reasonable amount of people. I'd expect that will remain the case for at least a couple of years.

Also, keep in mind that the desktop version of TheBrain 8 can operate independently of the servers unless you need the sync services or web/mobile access.

Finally, TheBrain 9 is fully capable of importing your data from version 8, so you wouldn't lose that data even if you did choose to move on.
Regards,
-Harlan
sebray61
Thank-you, I appreciate this a lot.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software