leolit
Brain 9 and Brain 8 have different databases and servers. Will you stop V8 servers after V9 release? Or at some later date? This is very important question for me [smile]
pthompson
No, we will not just abruptly stop supporting TheBrain 8 servers after release of TheBrain 9. If this does occur at some point in the future there will be a significant warning beforehand.
sebray61
What will happen with TheBrain 8 ?  I have many brains that I don't want to lose. I want to continue using TheBrain 8 for sometime because I have put much work into projects which I don't want to lose.  The way TheBrain 8 works for me is great. I don't really want to change.
Can you tell me what to expect and reassure me that my brain projects are for not ?
Harlan
There is no plan to deactivate TheBrain 8 servers even after TheBrain 9 is released. Unless it becomes a major burden to keep them running they will be kept active as long as they are in use by a reasonable amount of people. I'd expect that will remain the case for at least a couple of years.

Also, keep in mind that the desktop version of TheBrain 8 can operate independently of the servers unless you need the sync services or web/mobile access.

Finally, TheBrain 9 is fully capable of importing your data from version 8, so you wouldn't lose that data even if you did choose to move on.
Regards,
-Harlan
sebray61
Thank-you, I appreciate this a lot.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software