Harlan
If you don't have TheBrain 9 yet, please download here.

TheBrain 9 includes an integrated update service which detects new releases when it is launched if it hasn't checked recently. You can initiate an update check by choosing Check for Update from the Help menu on Windows or from TheBrain menu on Mac.

There are 3 public update channels which you can select between via Preferences > System > Updates:

• Alpha - The absolute latest. Frequent updates as often as every day or two.
  • Beta - The leading edge but not the frontline. Updates every few weeks.
  • Stable - As isolated as possible from bugs and new features until they have been used by other extensively. Updates monthly or as required.

We have put significant effort into making the update process more much seamless in TheBrain 9. The software will download and run the update process without the need for you to open a web browser and interact with an install wizard.

If you are having trouble with the update process, please visit
http://www.thebrain.com/products/thebrain/thebrain9/update-troubleshooting
If you continue to experience issues after following the directions there, please email support@thebrain.com.

Regards,
-Harlan
rogerwalk
I have successfully installed TheBrain 9 on my desktop computer and it syncs with the cloud server. Now I want to update TheBrain on my travel laptop and my Android phone, where I have TheBrain Pro8 installed. Can I download the beta 9 versions on those devices and "populate" the ne version with the cloud brain? Would the program/appl know to download the brain in the cloud into the "empty" brain with the same name on the laptop. Is there any chance that the "empty" brain on the laptop deletes the content of the same-name brain in the cloud?
Roger
Harlan
For your laptop: Install version 9 there and login. You will see the copy of your brain that you synced to the server. Click it to sync it to your laptop. FYI, no there is no way for an "empty" brain to delete the content of another brain with the same name. Brains are not synced to each other by name, but by a globally unique ID, so what you are worried about cannot happen.

For your Android phone: The Android client for version 9 is not yet available. You'll have to a wait a little longer for that. When it is available, the process will be the same as it was for your laptop.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
Both the Android and iOS clients are now available as betas.

Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software