Darkstar

How can I activate my Personal Brain 7 Pro license on my work machine when my work specificly blocks the webbrain site?

Not being able to unlock my Personal Brain 7 Pro at work will make me an unhappy camper, and I am sure you will have other users in the same situation in the future.

I am looking forward to registering my PB 7 Pro on my work machine.

Thanks for the very useful tool!

-Darkstar
pthompson
Paul,

Thank you for posting. I am currently working with our engineers to find a solution for those that need to activate offline. I will get back to you as soon as I have more information on this. 

Regards,
Darkstar

Ok guys. As of this morning, I have 13 days left to use the pro level features, which I use daily at work, and then my work machine will locked at the free level with much less capabilities. That means PB 7, aka TheBrain 7, will lose a significant amount of value to me where I need it and count on it the most. So the clock is ticking on this issue.

-Darkstar
Darkstar

What fun I am experiencing with The Brain version 7 today. When I have no brains open, this version tells me I have 3 days left on my Pro Trial.

So what's the current status on getting a way to activate version 7 pro when you don't have access to webbrain.com ?

Edit: My apologies. The error I get is that I can not use pro features on my brain file because the brain file was created before my PRO TRIAL began. This wasn't an issue when I first started using the PRO TRIAL on the brain for the past 3 weeks. It's just started popping up on the last few days of my PRO TRIAL.

The brain is slightly older than the Version 7 installation because I started it in version 6 on my work machine, and then upgraded the work machine to version 7.

-Darkstar
pthompson
Paul,

Our engineers are still looking into a way around this. To avoid having TheBrain expire for now, please make sure you are using the most recent version until we are able to resolve this. TheBrain 7.0.3.0 is set to expire at a later date.

Alternatively, is there any way you can have your IT department unblock webbrain.com?

Regards,
Darkstar

Thanks for the reply.

I've had no luck with the IT department. The Brain isn't considered a critical work tool for the company, so allowing it to communicate with webbrain.com isn't considered necessary at this time.

-Darkstar
Darkstar

Now that Version 7 is no longer beta, how do I register my work machine without being able to sign into web brain?

-Darkstar
mcaton
Sorry, no off line registration available yet.  Is it possible for you to get port 443 opened?  This might enable both registration and syncing to WebBrain for you.

Thanks,
Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software