Harlan
If you have trouble with the 4.3 beta and need to go back to version 4.1, it is possible however any changes you made after switching to 4.3 will be lost.

To revert to your 4.1 Brain, losing any changes that may have been made since switching to the 4.3 beta with the exception of changes you may have made to internal attachments:

1. Close PersonalBrain.
  2. Backup your "yourbrainname_brain" folder
  3. Delete only the folder named "brain_db" found inside the "yourbrainname_brain" folder. DO NOT delete the "yourbrainname_brain" folder.
  4. Open the "V41DBBackup" folder and copy all of the files inside this to the "yourbrainname_brain" folder.
  5. Uninstall PersonalBrain 4.3 from add/remove programs.
  6. Install PersonalBrain 4.1
  7. Open PersonalBrain and re-open your Brain.

[Edited May 30 to reflect change to version 4.3 from 4.2 and integrate suggestions from Shiiko.]
Regards,
-Harlan
Shiiko
For the sake of clarity, permit me, if I may, to  expand on your instructions.  Modifications in red. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Close PersonalBrain.
  2. Delete only the folder named "brain" found inside the "yourbrainname_brain" folder. DO NOT delete the "yourbrainname_brain" folder.
  3. Open the "V41DBBackup" folder and copy all of the files inside this to the "yourbrainname_brain" folder.
  4. Uninstall PersonalBrain 4.2 from add/remove programs.
  5. Install PersonalBrain 4.1
  6. Open PersonalBrain 4.1 and re-open your Brain.

twospoons
Are there any instruction to go from 4.5 back to 4.3?

There are too many bugs in 4.5 for me to be able to use it right now.
- Copy and Paste of thoughts is not working
- Unable to set link types
Wes
Harlan
Sorry, you cannot revert from one version of the beta to another... In the beta track, we try and fix problem as soon as possible, but problems do appear - that's why it's beta.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
BTW, most copy/paste problems have been resolved in the latest release and as far as I can tell, setting link types is working fine (hadn't seen a problem with that mentioned before, but I just tried it.).
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software