Harlan
If you have a problem with version 4.3 and need to revert back to an earlier release, please follow these directions. Note that any changes you have made to your Brain since moving to version 4.3 will be lost during this process with the exception of changes you may have made to internal attachments.

To go back to 4.2 from 4.3:
  1. Close PersonalBrain.
  2. Backup your "yourbrainname_brain" folder
  3. Delete only the folder named "brain_db" found inside the "yourbrainname_brain" folder. DO NOT delete the "yourbrainname_brain" folder.
  4. Uninstall PersonalBrain 4.3 from add/remove programs.
  5. Install PersonalBrain 4.2
  6. Open PersonalBrain and re-open your Brain.
To go back to 4.1 from 4.3:
  1. Close PersonalBrain.
  2. Backup your "yourbrainname_brain" folder
  3. Delete only the folder named "brain_db" found inside the "yourbrainname_brain" folder. DO NOT delete the "yourbrainname_brain" folder.
  4. Open the "V41DBBackup" folder and copy all of the files inside this to the "yourbrainname_brain" folder.
  5. Uninstall PersonalBrain 4.3 from add/remove programs.
  6. Install PersonalBrain 4.1
  7. Open PersonalBrain and re-open your Brain.

Regards,
-Harlan
ibsteve
Hi Harlan,

I followed your instructions and am now getting "PB can not create or connect to a db....."

I made the assumption that the folder personalbrain_db = the personalbrain folder inside the personalbrainname folder on the mac which is the one I deleted.

Regards,
Steve
Harlan
Hi Steve,

The folder "yourbrainname_brain" refers to the folder that has the name of your brain. For example, mine is called "harlan_brain". Inside of this folder, you might find one or more of the following: a "brain_db" folder (the 4.3 database), a "brain" folder (the 4.2 database backup), a "V41DBBackup" folder (the 4.1 database).

There is no difference in the folder structure whether you are on the Mac, PC, or Linux.

I'd suggest you go back to to the backup you made in step 2 and follow the steps again.
Regards,
-Harlan
ibsteve
Think I figured it out. "brain_db" folder was missing because the conversion never completed. Interesting, I was able to open 4.3. It did look like not all was good though. I await the fixed mac version.

Regards,
Steve

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software