dlorde
I'm trying out adding attachments to links, as it looks like it could be very useful, but I can't find a way to see or report which links have attachments or what those attachments are.

I can't find a way to remove 'link to file' attachments. For some link attachments, I can open the link folder and delete the relevant contents, but for 'link to file' attachments, the link folder is empty. 

Why don't link properties show the link attachment information? If I can add attachments to a link from the link menu, I should be able to remove them from the link using the menu.

What am I missing?
Cerebrum
Viewing attachments for Links is similar to viewing them for Thoughts, Types and Tags.
When you display Notes and then select a Link, you'll see any attachments as a list or as Tabs. You can then edit, rearrange and delete attachments.

Unfortunately, there's no way of viewing a list of Links that have attachments.

The "link folder is empty" because there's no file that is stored if the attachment is "link to file". There's only a link to the file, and that link is stored in the attachment. 

I agree that there should be some indicator for attachments on the Link, and there should be the ability to click the indicator to open an attachment. 
mcaton
Indicator for attachments on Thought Links has been documented as a feature request.

Thank you,
Matt
metta
Thanks, Matt.

Can we also confirm that this feature request includes:the option to identify all link attachments and link notes using the report function?

= Update = (for those who are interested)

Just now found a 2017 discussion confirming feature requests for:
mcaton
I'll confirm that the request for the indicator is specifying notes AND attachments. I've also confirmed that a report request exists as well.

Thank you,
Matt
metta
Thanks, Matt! ðŸ‘
dlorde
Thanks all!

I look forward to the improvements to come 🙂

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software