Qwill
TheBrain 8.0.2.1 / Windows
I would like to make a keyboard shortcut for renaming/ adding notes / adding attachments to a link between 2 thoughts easily. 

I can't find these actions in the keyboard shortcuts; Are they hidden somewhere?

Thanks for your help, [smile]
Qwill
TheBrain 8.0.2.2 -  OsX Yosemite -  Win7
pthompson
Qwill,

To quickly rename Thoughts. ⌘+Enter.

For Notes and Adding attachments, you can define keyboard shortcuts via: Preferences > Accelerators:

Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 11.52.18 AM.png 
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
zenrain
I don't believe this is available for links.
I would guess it would be a bit challenging to implement because while there is always one active thought, there could be multiple links from the active thought. So the keyboard shortcut would work with a link manually selected (or on mouseover), but wouldn't be possible unless a prompt appeared to select the link you want to do the action from.
macOS 10.12.5
TheBrain 9.0.219
Qwill
Thanks for the answer.
Zenrain you are right, I was speaking about the links. 
(Therefore needing a shortcut for "Link > Open Note Window" and "Link > Open Link Window" )

Good points for the possible multiplicity of links, I didn't thought of that.

The shortcut would permit to open the link note window or the link attachments window while the mouse is over the link . (Would save 1 mouseclick, at the cost of 1 keyboard combination, but I still think it could be handy, as I have the mouse in my left hand and can make the keyboard combination with my right hand at the same time...)

I discovered recently the features related to links ( annotation and file attachment)  after 5 years &+ using thebrain ... proof that TheBrain is really packed with features!
TheBrain 8.0.2.2 -  OsX Yosemite -  Win7
metta
I agree with you, Qwill: Lots of great features in TheBrain! :-)

However, I've never done much with link notes and link attachments for a couple of reasons:
> they are not accessible in the the webbrain and
> there is (as far as I know) no way to view/access all the links of a specific type in the desktop brain.

However, I've always been curious about how others are using link notes and attachments, and I just now found a few good use cases described here and here:
> explain why the link was created
> document when the link was discussed
> elaborate on the relationship between 2 people linked in the brain.

Anyone else have any other examples of the ways they typically use link notes and link attachments?

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software