Qwill
TheBrain 8.0.2.1 / Windows
I would like to make a keyboard shortcut for renaming/ adding notes / adding attachments to a link between 2 thoughts easily. 

I can't find these actions in the keyboard shortcuts; Are they hidden somewhere?

Thanks for your help, [smile]
Qwill
TheBrain 9.0.250 -  OsX High Sierra &  Win7
pthompson
Qwill,

To quickly rename Thoughts. ?+Enter.

For Notes and Adding attachments, you can define keyboard shortcuts via: Preferences > Accelerators:

Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 11.52.18 AM.png 
zenrain
I don't believe this is available for links.
I would guess it would be a bit challenging to implement because while there is always one active thought, there could be multiple links from the active thought. So the keyboard shortcut would work with a link manually selected (or on mouseover), but wouldn't be possible unless a prompt appeared to select the link you want to do the action from.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
Qwill
Thanks for the answer.
Zenrain you are right, I was speaking about the links. 
(Therefore needing a shortcut for "Link > Open Note Window" and "Link > Open Link Window" )

Good points for the possible multiplicity of links, I didn't thought of that.

The shortcut would permit to open the link note window or the link attachments window while the mouse is over the link . (Would save 1 mouseclick, at the cost of 1 keyboard combination, but I still think it could be handy, as I have the mouse in my left hand and can make the keyboard combination with my right hand at the same time...)

I discovered recently the features related to links ( annotation and file attachment)  after 5 years &+ using thebrain ... proof that TheBrain is really packed with features!
TheBrain 9.0.250 -  OsX High Sierra &  Win7
metta
I agree with you, Qwill: Lots of great features in TheBrain! :-)

However, I've never done much with link notes and link attachments for a couple of reasons:
> they are not accessible in the the webbrain and
> there is (as far as I know) no way to view/access all the links of a specific type in the desktop brain.

However, I've always been curious about how others are using link notes and attachments, and I just now found a few good use cases described here and here:
> explain why the link was created
> document when the link was discussed
> elaborate on the relationship between 2 people linked in the brain.

Anyone else have any other examples of the ways they typically use link notes and link attachments?

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software