ruudhein
Are all attachments downloaded? All thoughts? How does the setup work? If I would have a 15 GB brain, would I need a phone with at least 15 GB free storage space?
Using: Evernote | FilterizeEverdo | Dynalist | Liner | TheBrain v9.0.239.0
Thalamus
I'm with you ruudhein! I spent an hour drilling through every folder that looked remotely close to having Brain data and couldn't find anything! I access a good-sized brain on Galaxy Note 4 and it appears to function correctly with attachments accessible. I just can't figure out if the the files on on the device or if it's drawing from the cloud. I assume the device as I could see download progress when I first accessed this brain. But WHERE are they??
T
zenrain
I believe it now works the same as iOS. Which means when TheBrain downloads your database, the structure, thoughts and notes are downloaded, but attachments remain in the cloud, and are downloaded on demand (when you open one). 

This means that the size stays reasonable on mobile devices, but unfortunately also requires forethought if you are going to need access to an attachment and not have a data connection.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.239
shatcher
Thalamus,

As zenrain explained, TheBrain downloads all Thoughts and notes, but attachments are only downloaded on demand. This does require you to download any attachments you want to work on before going completely offline.

Cheers, Sean
ruudhein
Is there any way to know the size of such a brain, possibly before syncing even?
Using: Evernote | FilterizeEverdo | Dynalist | Liner | TheBrain v9.0.239.0

Add a Website Forum to your website.