CaptainJustice
I had imported my TB8 successfully and the cloud sync was ongoing. Then I switched my internet connection resulting in a momentary loss of the TB9 connection to the Brain server. The 500 error resulted.

I would expect to then be able to restart the sync but the 500 error repeated.

Then I closed and restarted TB9 and am able to resume the sync. The only problem I can see with that process is that it started over exporting attachment files. That had completed previously and the sync was in the process of downloading from the server.

Seems as if the connection interruption should be handled more gracefully.

Version is .226
--
The Cap'n
CaptainJustice
Should there be a way to pause a sync manually in case, for example, some idiot starts a big sync while on battery?
--
The Cap'n
flyteach
Hey Captain,
Yeah, this is a known issue. Actually, it's related to having the application open when internet connection (actually appears to be wifi) is changed without the application being closed. This occurs on desktop and device versions (I've seen it on Windoze and iOS). Closing and reopening the application and then initiating the sync works right away. Also, if I go from wifi to LTE, I haven't seen this issue, but going from wifi or wifi to plugged in causes this error.
Flyteach/Jim
CaptainJustice
I also get the error if TB9 is open, I hibernate the computer, go to another wifi source, and then try to sync.
Close and re-open TB9 and it will sync.

So, it appears that TB9 is remembering its last connection and even if hibernated and not then online, the change causes a problem.
--
The Cap'n
Harlan
Thanks for all the feedback on this problem. We located and fixed it on the server so it should no longer be happening as of today.
Regards,
-Harlan
CaptainJustice
Harlan wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback on this problem. We located and fixed it on the server so it should no longer be happening as of today.

I confirmed just now that this issue is fixed. Moved to a totally different connection to the internet with my TB9 open, and the sync worked just fine.
--
The Cap'n
Harlan
Thanks for confirming. [thumb]
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software