tcahill
My fault for being lazy, perhaps. I was reading a long article on wikipedia, and I thought "why take notes? why not just change notes into code view, right click on the wikipedia entry and select "view page source". Hit ctrl-a, ctrl-c, alt-tab back to thebrain, and type ctrl-v. 

Trouble. That's why not.

editlive error.png 
Clicking "OK" was not ok. After that, the dialog closed, but thebrain windows were missing their control items. There was a truncated message in the notes window saying something about restarting, so I closed thebrain and re-opened it.

This gave me a "TheBrain has stopped working. Windows is looking for a solution...." (I've been down this road before, and corrected this problem by restoring a backup copy of  thebrain8preferences.xml to "C:\Users\My Files\AppData\Roaming\TheBrain")

After that, thebrain restarted properly. Then I attempted to re-open the brain file I had been working in. Yikes!
thebrain error.png 

OK. So I've been looking around for something like a file lock. Suggestions? Help?
Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
tcahill
Fixed this. I found the db lock file, and after making a copy, I deleted it. Less than a second later, the file was back. So I deleted it again. Again, it came right back. "Aha", I thought. In the task manager, I could see that there were actually two vestigial thebrain.exe instances still running. I nuked these. Then I deleted the lock file. Then I restored my backup of the preferences file. Bingo.

All good now.
Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
zenrain
Yay! [smile]
macOS 10.12.4
TheBrain 9.0.169
mcaton
Fantastic! Thanks for the update.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software