Harlan
Check out release 5.0.1.1. More Mac features than you can fit in a subject title!

I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden the Windows users are starting look a little greener.

Seriously, though, I'm very excited about this release - it really lets the Mac version of PB shine IMHO.
Regards,
-Harlan
marky
Harlan,

Now you are talking!

mark

zenrain

That is all.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
marky
I have been playing with PB 5.0.1.1 - especially the Apple Mail integration.
When searching for an email, I noticed the Search located over 100 emails but displayed the first 10. When I selected 'Page 2' of the report using the selector the selector then disappeared so I couldn't select higher pages. I guess this is a small glitch.

I have a few ideas:
1) use a more compact way of displaying the results so that screen real estate can be better used (ie display more results per page)
2) It would be nice to be able to drag and drop emails etc. In many cases, I am viewing an email in Apple Mail and need to get it into PB. Drag and Drop would be much easier than finding the email from within PB (it might find loads of possible matches), and then drag it in. Alternatively, save the email to an eml file (by dragging it out of Apple Mail) and then attach to PB. The problem here is that Spotlight doesn't index eml files.
3) It would be nice to attach several emails to a thought.

Still, this new integration is an enormous step forward!

Roy
Are their technical limitations to doing drag and drop?
Roy
My mouse wheel resizing on my macbook pro trackpad seems to have stopped working in this version - anyone else seeing this? it works with an external mouse just fine
lerone
... I also found sporadic problems with resizing via the trackpad recently. but it always works again after some other actions. but I haven´t found any consistent pattern. so I can just confirm some troubles there...
sandysantra
Harlan, where are all these features documented?  I can't find anything on this.  The pdf file on the download page that's supposed to show the new features is corrupted.  Is there a help file?

I tried a drag-and-drop of an address card from Address Book, but that didn't work.

Would really like to use these new features, but have no idea where and what they are and how to use them. 

Can you or someone please post links to documentation or something?

Thanks!

zenrain
Quote:
   iCal, Address Book, and Apple Mail Integration

§  Search results for iCal, Address Book, and Apple Mail show “View” and “Add” buttons.

§  The View button opens the item in the appropriate application.

§  The Add button creates a child Thought in your Brain under the active Thought with a link to the item attached.

§  This enables instant access to all your iCal, Address Book, and Apple Mail information with no manual set up required.

§  Created Thoughts can be linked and used like any other Thought. The only difference is their attachment links the Thought to the source data.

§  Additional Mail Features

·         Attachments have a new context menu “Email Attachment Using Mail” which opens Mail and attaches the selected file or files.

·         Email of URLs via the context menu continues to be supported.

To add an iCal event, Address book link, or mail link you must use the search (full, not instant). The mail, iCal and address book links are listed at the bottom of the search results. To add them, click the Add button on the entry.

You can't drag and drop like you can on the Windows version.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Roy
Excellent works for me fantastic leap forward thanks for all your hard work -would be good to understand why the drag and drop is not the preferred route and whether this will be supported in the longer run
sandysantra
Agreed.  Probably takes more coding, and that's why it's delayed.  But it is, I think, the preferred method.  Because you're usually in one of those other apps when you realize, "Oh! I need this in my PB!" and you want to be able to drag it in right then.

We have this functionality already with files and folders and URLs.  I'm sure the team understands how helpful it would be to have with Address Book, iCal, and Mail.

Harlan
We're looking into drag and drop support, but so far we have not been able to get them working.
Regards,
-Harlan
Mariner
Hi Harlan,

It's gratifying to see more Mac OS functionality ticking into place. 

I notice that 'add address book item' results in a new child thought, rather than an attachment to the original selected thought (which was the default move in the PC edition).  Any chance of adding this option, or making it the default in the Mac version?  Thanks.

Dave Wetherow / Parksville, BC

Rennie

I am at a loss how do you attach a list of contacts to a thought under OS X using version 5

Quicklook does absolutely nothing ?

And add an attachment asks me to roam my whole pc for a specific file ?

I just want to have a contact list attached to a thought - how is this best achieved if at all....using a MAC

Drag and drop seems to still be far away ? but its not clear what Version 5... os x, ical, addressbook, mail has achieved - I have probably missed it - can someone please help...

Many thanks....
zenrain
You have to search for the name first.
In the instant search window type the persons name, or the iCal event's title. Then hit enter. This will bring up the search window. Scroll down the results until you get to the external attachments section. Find the name you are looking for and click Add.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software