CaptainJustice Show full post »
mdlynam
Disclaimer:  I'm ignorant.

That said, I wonder if there's a way TB's developers could offer users the option of 'boxing' brains such that the data & meta-data are fully self-contained so that brains could become portable without risk of data loss?
ruudhein
Basically that's the brainzip/brain archive file. Which, incidentally, is your brain's folder...zipped.
Using: Evernote | FilterizeEverdo | Dynalist | Liner | TheBrain v9.0.248.0
zenrain
The archiving process also creates a set of .json files within the folder which contains the structure and more stuff.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
ruudhein
Yup, as the database files isn't included. 

I'm happy with access to the json by the way; handy [smile]
Using: Evernote | FilterizeEverdo | Dynalist | Liner | TheBrain v9.0.248.0
kbunders
Since there is now a release candidate, what's the status of the list of missing features? Will the get into version 9?
TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Pro Edition | Java 1.8.0 build 161 | Windows 10
Beta testing TheBrain 9
gery51
Does the brain database (a sqlite thing i suppose) work with transactions ?
Could that help ?
Greatings,
Gerard
gery51
NOSQL - ORIENTDB
Currently (4 years ago) there is the boom of nosql databases which work much more faster than rbdms .
Orientdb for instance is such a db that can work aswell as document oriented (records) as graph (a bit like Thebrain, but without the beautifull and fast gui interface).it can also interprete sql commands. 

I think that Orientdb would be much more suitable as underlying database for the brain !
It's written in java.

Just take a look on this link:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OrientDB for more information (maybe for Thebrain 10 ?)
Cheers !
Gerard

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software