RLPopeIII
Hi all,

I've seen talk around this but not my specific issue.  I am using iframes to display the webpages in the content frame in webbrain.  The content from the url seems to render sporadically in Firefox.

The code I use is:

<p><iframe src="http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/03/06/africa.pirates.foiled/index.html?hpt=T2" width="100%" height="100%" scrolling="no">Test</iframe></p>

any suggestions?

Ren

Ren Pope
ChrisCase
I also find that some URLs will display in an iframe, and some not.
I wish webbrain would give one the option of displaying URLs automatically, and save one the trouble of having to create iframes; the interface seems far less user-friendly than Sitebrain.  Also, the default for the relative sizes of the plex window and the content window seems a bit extreme; it should be the other way around, or allow one to determine it, as one can with Sitebrains.

Moe

Ren, I tested your code by embeding it into several Thought notes in my Brain then synched to webbrain. When I accessed the Thoughts using the latest release of FireFox (FireFox 4.0) the content frame renders for me without a problem. Can you further describe the sporadic behavior you are experiencing. From your description it sounds like the iframe does not load at all. Since the content of your iframe is coming from cnn in your example, could it be that the site your loading in your iframe is taking a while to return its content?

Thanks,
Moe

chinarut
hi!  i'm trying to get on the same page (ahem) as you guys when it comes to iframes.

I just tried creating a test thought with the CNN article iframe and this is the way it renders on my Mac OS X (10.7.5) client (7.0.4.5):

TheBrain, iframe - test CNN article embed.png and this is how it renders in the cloud on Chrome (28.0.1500.71):
TheBrain, iframe - test CNN article embed - webbrain.png I'd like to see the page render on both my desktop and in the cloud - am I missing something here?
pthompson
Chinarut,

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. In your first example, you only have 

Code:
<iframe>Test</iframe>
chinarut
that's what happened when I pasted @RLPopeIII's sample HTML code:

<p><iframe src="http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/03/06/africa.pirates.foiled/index.html?hpt=T2" width="100%" height="100%" scrolling="no">Test</iframe></p>

there is nothing in the desktop Note section and there is nothing in the webbrain.com (2nd image)
pthompson
Chinarut,

This method is not stable and does not always work, which is why we started integrating automatic rendering of pages on some websites like youtube, wikipedia, vimeo, and thebrain.com
chinarut
ah gotcha - how may we get a site on your auto-render whitelist?

i think it's a great feature that shows the potential of TheBrain in the cloud and there are a lot of video/wiki implementations out there!

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software