sibleyd
I finally got my v8 brain imported into v9 after considerable effort.

There is no doubt now over what was preventing import.

I receive emails from an automated email generator. These emails have very long names (when dragged out of outlook or thunderbird.

The import process fails if there is a single internal attachment with one of these very long file names.

I had to go through and shorten the name of each of these file attachments.

It is too late for any improvement to benefit me, but other future people could benefit from improvement. The improvement would be either automatic shortening of excessively long attachment file names, or identification of excessively long names with opportunity to manually shorten. 
Harlan
Thanks for posting and sorry you had to expend so much manual effort to complete your import. We will address this in a future build.
Regards,
-Harlan
ICU_MD
I wonder if something related is happening with my brain. Since yesterday, when I added a large number of files, the sync is failing consistently. It goes all the way to "report 100% complete", but then goes into "sync failed: unknown error". Some of the files I added had very long filenames (I work in a Mac, a system that usually doesn't care about that). I have been trying to manually hunt those long filenames and shortened them, but the problem persists. Does anybody know of a way to hunt for those files other than manually?
(For context my brain has 7,521 thoughts with 3,000 internal attachments, internal file size of 5.11 GB; working on an iMac retina 5K 3.2 GHz Intel Core i% with 16 GB memory, on Sierra 10.12.3).
Juan Gutierrez, M.D.
Harlan
Hi Juan, as long as you have updated to 9.0.158, the desktop client will inform you if there is a problem with a long filename.

There are several outstanding sync issues that we still working on. There will be an improved sync that will be faster and help us track down problems coming in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
As someone just pointed out, there is a report that shows long paths names inside of TB9 now... View > Report > By Attachments > Paths to trim
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software