sibleyd
I hate to admitI have repeated this several times. If I try to import v8 brain into v9 with v8 brain open,  I get error message.

That is understandable. The problem is this damages v8 brain.

It appears the damage is not lasting. The v8 brain seems fine after it reindexes, etc

This doesn't seem very harmful but it shouldn't happen
pthompson
David,

As far as I am aware, this should not be possible. TheBrain 9 does not modify a Brain 8 imported Brain. Can you be more specific about what issue is occurring with your Brain 8 version of the Brain after import? Is it just searching that does not seem to work; You mentioned reindexing?
mctrexler
I reported exactly the same problem a while back.  A V8 Brain I was having no problems with suddenly had non-stop errors immediately after I had imported it to V9. It was the standard "there is an error in the Brain . . . . ."   It seems to be ok again after a complete re-indexing, but caution is now the word of the day!     
pthompson
Thanks for the additional information. I have imported several dozen Brains from TheBrain 8 into TheBrain 9 over the course of the entire beta process and have never encountered an issue like this myself but we will continue to look into it on our end.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software