elfman2
Is it still possible to import IE Favorites or Firefox Bookmarks into Personal Brain 9? The feature's not available in the menu options that still exist on YouTube Tutorials for older versions .

If that option's gone, can we install an older unsupported version and then import that database into Brain 9?

Thank you,
Bill
elfman2
I'm guessing that the answer is NO... Too bad, I've been organized about 20k bookmarks into hundreds of folders for over almost 10 years while waiting for time to diagram and do something with them. But the latest version DC'ed the Favorites import feature. I have to find another way.

IE favorites can be imported into Firefox, and Firefox can export them to a JSON file. Excel can parse the JSON file into a table, which can be manipulated like crazy. I've gone that for with a sample set.  Therefore I "should" have no problem exporting them in the format described in TheBrain's text import feature. Thought I'd check in here first, but no news is bad news in this case. Thanks for an otherwise awesome product nevertheless.
mcaton
Actually, the answer is yes.  You can import IE Favorites into v8 of TheBrain and then import your v8 Brain into v9.  TheBrain 8 can be downloaded from  https://www.thebrain.com/products/thebrain/oldversions .

Thanks,
Matt
elfman2
Thank you! Matt🙏

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software