Xvarnah
Hello,

I cannot get TheBrain 10.0.32.0 update neither from the desktop version 10.0.31.0 of the software (Windows 10 x64) nor from TheBrain website download page which only offers TheBrain 10.0.31.0.

Did I miss something ?

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

dlorde
Yes, it doesn't seem to have been deployed yet - my brains say I'm using the latest version (10.0.31.0), and downloading the 'latest version' from the download page gives the v10.0.31.0 installer...

The deployment team really ought to check it's available before announcing availability.
danlandrum
I had to switch to the Alpha channel to get it to work. Preferences/System/Update channel:[select Alpha from the menu]
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
shatcher
The current stable release is 10.0.31 , and the current beta is 10.0.34 . The download at http://thebrain.com/download will always be the stable version. To get the latest beta (or alpha) update, open your preferences and change to that channel. Options (TheBrain on Mac) > Preferences > System, and change the channel to beta or alpha. Then close that, click Help > Check for Update (Mac: TheBrain > Check for Update).
Xvarnah

Thank you for your useful answer, shatcher.

Yet, in Software Releases and Updates, version 10.0.32 was not explicitly presented as a beta version. This is confusing.

shatcher
Xvarnah,

Releases are only marked as released, and noted with the change. Most releases move from beta to stable within a few days of release as well.

If you would like to get the latest release at the soonest date, set your update channel to beta or alpha (Options > Preferences > System, first option is update channel)
Galzethron
I am using The Brain 10.0.31.0 on Windows 10.

When I perform the update from the Brain it will download the update and then will stay on "Updating TheBrain".

It will never finish.

Any idea why ?

Annotation 2019-01-18 090607.jpg 
shatcher
Galzethron,

Sometimes the auto-updater does get stuck on "Updating TheBrain". I've emailed you the direct link for the current version.
HarmenB
Have the same issue as galzethron here. Update keeps hanging..... After restarting pc thebrain again will download the update and want to install.... Again the same issue
newswire
Same issue as HanenB and Shatcher, on bothe 10.32. and now the 10.35
Galzethron
shatcher wrote:
Galzethron,

Sometimes the auto-updater does get stuck on "Updating TheBrain". I've emailed you the direct link for the current version.

Thanks for the direct link.
Worked like a charm.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software