Rob2050
I loaded a bunch into the Inbox and synhed, but I don't see them in the  Brain desktop.... is there any way to see them? I would think they could at least be visible as Orphaned thoughts?
zenrain
You can't currently. You have to attach them to a thought and then sync. I'm hoping some improvements are in the works for the next version, because it's pretty clunky. But it's the same way v8 worked, so... lol.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
Rob2050
Well even just exposing them as Orphans would be a huge step forward. To not even sync them seems broken? Maybe a quick minimal feature could be added in for this.
Cerebrum
There are no "orphan" attachments in the desktop version.  
In the iOS app, you're adding attachments (not thoughts) to the Inbox as temporary storage until you add the attachment to a thought, at which point it can be synced.
Using your "quick minimal feature", where would you see an unlinked attachment in the desktop version?
ruudhein
My workflow is:

• Send to Inbox
  • Open my brain
  • where I have an Inbox thought
  • attach inbox things to my Inbox thought
  • sync
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | InstaPaper | Liner | TheBrain v10.0.30.0
zenrain
ruudhein wrote:
My workflow is:

• Send to Inbox
  • Open my brain
  • sync

This is my workflow also. Works pretty well for me. 
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
Rob2050

Cerebrum wrote:
There are no "orphan" attachments in the desktop version.  
In the iOS app, you're adding attachments (not thoughts) to the Inbox as temporary storage until you add the attachment to a thought, at which point it can be synced.
Using your "quick minimal feature", where would you see an unlinked attachment in the desktop version?

I misunderstood what the iOS was doing. I would prefer things "Sent To" TheBrain be created as Thoughts not Attachments, much like dragging a URL into the Desktop. This would be my preferred minimal option.

Another option is to have a special thought called Inbox and these all become attachments to Inbox to be moved later after sync.

Another option would be to have a menu choice under Options that says "Show Unlinked Attachments" and it opens in the side panel.

I think many of us see the iPad as a consumption device and so we want to "tag" or ingest things for later processing (gardening) at the desktop. To be able to ingest something on the iPad but not have it sync seems incomplete (to me). I think there are a lot of not too hard ways to get this done and I hope it is considered for the next point release.

Thanks,
Rob.

Rob2050
ruudhein wrote:
My workflow is:

• Send to Inbox
  • Open my brain
  • sync

Without having seen this post, this is exactly what i did too!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software