rengel
InconsitentTabBehaviour.png 
Reinhard TB 9.0.263.0, WIN 10
mcaton
Rengel,

It's proper behavior that your notes and events simply display the actual Note and Event data (rather than context menu about note size, etc.) But I do see what you mean about the Thought Name looking like a Tab as well AND behaving differently for a click.  I'll document for further review.

Thank you,
Matt Caton
rengel
Sorry, that I didn't express myself clearly enough.

mcaton wrote:
It's proper behavior that your notes and events simply display the actual Note and Event data (rather than context menu about note size, etc.)

That's not my point. Of course, I don't expect that the data area right to the tabs display anything else but the actual Note and Event data. After all that's the purpose of this area.

My point is: If the tabs have context menus at all, every tab should have one. That would be consistent.
Of course, the items within each context menu should only offer functions pertaining to the type of data that the tab shows. 

The 'Notes' tab doesn't have a context menu without any discernable reason.
(At least it could have: 'Open Content in a New Window', 'Attachments as Tabs', 'Attachments' as a List', to be in line with the other tabs.)

My second point (stated in some other post): The tab bar should not show any additional popup toolbars when a tab is selected . This rather unconventional behavior, that  goes against the grain of a tab bar, came as big surprise to me.

Here it would be consistent if the toolbar for image or file attachments would appear in the same place as for notes, that is a the top of the data area left of the tabs.
Reinhard TB 9.0.263.0, WIN 10

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software