westbroek
I'm using a one brain setup. It's what tempts me the most and seems the most productive to me.

I have a section People. Under it I have, among other child thoughts, Family. A group of about 10 people is listed there. They are linked to each other with Siblings, Parent-Child, and Marriage link types.

Elsewhere I have a thought named Timeline. Its immediate children are years. Each year has a number of data events. The stuff that jumps out. Top? 15-20 events or so.

Each event links back parent-wise to the person or persons involved.

This is something I started to do when I started to play with PB4. Now, a couple of weeks later, I'm beginning to wonder if I should regroup how this is done because each person obviously has a growing number of events appearing as child-thoughts.

Maybe a "PersonName,Timeline" child thought for each person?

Considering this change I also wonder how I can use selection to change this...

Spacenexus
Hi there

If it's only a case of creating a new specific thought under each family memeber ('Bob's Timeline' under 'Bob') then with Bob as the active thought it's simply a case of creating that child thought, using ctrl+click to select the thoughts that require moving, clicking unlink in the edit menu, bringing Bob's Timline as active thought and then choosing link as children of Bob's Timeline. This process would have to be done for each family member.

I hope that helps and that i've not missed the point

cheers

Jim
@181218:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software