ThomasHoff

I am desperately trying to upgrade to v4 of this product (which I love.)  But after installing the proper Java version and running the product multiple times, it just hangs after creating a new brain or trying to open an old one.

Tips window comes up, then nothing works.  I have to kill it in task manager.  I was hoping to demo this at work to encourage others on my team to get this product.  Can you tell me what's wrong?

I run a Levono w/ 1gig memory and Windows XP.  Have java 1.6 and am installing v4.0.6.0  any ideas?  my output and install logs are attached.

thanks for any help

Harlan
Please try using the latest version, 4.1.1.1 and let us know if the problem persists.
Regards,
-Harlan
ThomasHoff

Hello Harlan - now I can close the pop-up boxes, but it still hangs.  It uses half my total cpu (I have a dual 1.8 ghz machine) and a lot of memory.  Window is just stuck when I create a new, empty brain.

I am thinking I don't want to move my business critical brain links to the new platform - as I depend on this thing throughout the day.

Version 3 is very stable and a great product.  I am excited for v4, but cannot take risk with the data.

are you going to release a non-java client?

Harlan
Thomas,

I've forwarded your message to our support group. Someone will contact you to help you troubleshoot this problem. Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software