ckleighton
I just went through the procedure to install TB9 iOS Beta on my iPhone.

I already had TB8 for iOS installed on my iPhone. I installed TestFlight and used TestFlight (and redemption code) to install TB9. Since I already had TB8 iOS app installed, the install procedure asked if I wanted to replace the TB8 iOS app with the TB9 iOS Beta app. I said yes.

To be safe, I shut down restarted my iPhone.

After this I opened the TB app from the iOS and was presented with my TB8 brains. I went to settings (from within the TB app) and saw that
  • the version was 9.0.0.3
  • the server was webbrain.com
According to another TB9 iOS Beta forum thread on this topic, the server should have been preview.webbrain.com (which redirects to app.thebrain.com/brains).

I also opened the TB app from within TestFlight and got the same results.

I went to TB settings from within iOS and there was nothing there that looked helpful (only switches for Photos and Cellular Data).

Bottom Line: There is (or must be) a problem with my installation of TB9 iOS Beta App. Given this, I have questions
  • Is version 9.0.0.3 correct for TB9? If this is not the correct TB9 version, how do I get the correct version?
  • Assuming I have the correct version, how do I point this correct version of the TB9 app to the correct TB9 server (preview.webbrain.com or app.thebrain.com/brains) instead of, where it is now pointing, to the TB8 server (webbrain.com)?
  • OR, is there something else I should be looking at ?
Thank you for your help with this problem.
shinyplastic
It's a little unintuitive but you tap the i button in the top left to switch between V8 / V9 within the same application.

As shown below.

Brain iOS.PNG
ckleighton
Thanks. It worked.

One point for anyone else who this might help (and for completeness) ... Since I was already logged into TB8, from within the TB app, I had to first logout
  • Tap the settings icon in the upper left corner
  • Tap the Logout command towards the lower left middle of the settings screen
Then, I could
  • Tap the "i" in the top left corner of the login screen
  • Change the TB version from 8 to 9, and then
  • Login again
And, it worked.

Thanks again.
Brigitte
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update and feedback.

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software