Happerley
Having real problems with the search functionality on my online Sitebrain situated at http://www.thesaurium.com/thesaurii/

The Instant search works for 'jabber' for instance but not for 'kidney'

The listing can be drilled down to from the front index i.e K->KD->KDN

Where the thesaurus listings are Kidney, Kidnap and Kidding

I have been cutting and pasting from another brain and saw a post that suggested rebuilding the search index but then is said it was o.k and not recommended. There are approximately 20k listings all mainly one word listings

Anyway, hope you can help as the Thesaurus is only 75% complete at this point

Regards Peter H.
mcaton
Peter,

Thank you for the question.  Great Brain and nice wallpaper!

The instant search in SiteBrain works a little differently.  The options that appear in the list are thoughts that have been recently viewed.  Notice that if you navigate to the JBR thought or to the KDN thought, then instant searches for Jabber and Kidney will start appearing.  This is because they have been recently viewed in the 'plex.'

Have you looked into publishing the brain trough webbrain.com?  You would have better search functionality with this option.

Thank you,
Matt Caton
TheBrain Technologies
Happerley

Regards Peter H.
Happerley
The only problem with webbrain is the speed of the Java. I just can't see that people would wait that long and I'm on the fastest speed you can get in New Zealand.

I did inquire if I could embed the Ajax version but it seems this is not possible. I have made it a 'suggestion' for a new feature as suggested by Moe.

Can you potentially give me a clue of how this works server side on the webbrain ajax version so I can integrate it by custom coding into my site.

This project have been almost 7 years in the making and the outputting it online at a commercial speed is now my only blockage. Sitebrain does it for me as I don't want animation I want speed as I know how vital it is to online success. (I am one of New Zealand's leading web marketers in my daytime job)

Hope you can help!

Regards Peter H.
Moe
Hi Peter,

Thank You for posting.

Quote:
Can you potentially give me a clue of how this works server side on the webbrain ajax version so I can integrate it by custom coding into my site.

This is not something you can correct with custom coding on your end. We would have to make changes on our side to enable this. I have put in an internal feature request with our developers to make this possible.  

Thanks,
Moe
Happerley
I have put in an internal feature request with our developers to make this possible. 
Thanks Moe, much appreciated
Regards Peter H.
ChrisCase
One of the weirdest features of the Sitebrain search  that I have to explain to users is that one must type only the first letter of ones search term, wait for something to appear, and then type the rest.  If one types more than one letter, one can wait forever and nothing will appear.  Why is this?
mcaton
Chris,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I'll open a ticket with our engineers to investigate.

Thank you,
Matt 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software