bmac
When a word is typed into the search box, PB4 (4.122) does not display any results - even though there are thoughts in the Brain (see attachment).  Interestingly, when I do a manual search to find the thought - then activate it - the thought will be displayed when I try it again in the search box.
Click image for larger version - Name: PB4.jpg, Views: 284, Size: 39.71 KB
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Windows 10, 256 GB SSD, 8 GB ram, i7
Harlan
Is this when PB first starts? The instant search indexing preparation must complete - no results will show until it is done.
Regards,
-Harlan
bmac
I don't know what's happening now.  While it didn't work before on several attempts (long after PB4 started up), I rebooted and started PB and immediately tried it again.  It worked fine.  It must be the goblins.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Windows 10, 256 GB SSD, 8 GB ram, i7
Dryopithecus
I've experienced the same issue several times (long after PB4 started up). I guess maybe there was something wrong with the instant search index.

PB 4.1.2.2
J-1.6.0_03
Vista-32bit

Regards,
Yang
bmac
Harlan,

I am experiencing this again.  This PB4 Brain has been open more than 30 minutes and I typed into the instant search box the word 'Directory'.  It did not find anything, to my surprise.  I clicked on search and there were many thoughts as you will see from the screen scrape.

The instant search index is still there I believe as when I started to type the word I noticed other entries.  Something is confusing the index.

Bill

Click image for larger version - Name: instant_search_issue.jpg, Views: 222, Size: 62.65 KB
Bill
Harlan
Bill,

This is strange - not sure why this is... The next time this happens, can you please try the following for me?

Go to the thought that was failing to appear and rename it temporarily (add a 2 at the end for example). After a few seconds, set the name back to what it was before. Try instant search again and see if it shows.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
-Harlan
bmac
Harlan - OK - I followed your instructions.  When instant search didn't produce any results, I located the item through Search (a thought named 'logo') and clicked to activate it.  With the 'logo' thought in the forefront, I tried instant seach again but it still did not find 'logo'.  I changed the name to 'logo2' and re-tried instant search and, yes, it located logo2.  I changed 'logo2' back to 'logo' and now instant search finds this thought.

Bill

Bill
Harlan
thanks bill.

That is interesting shows that the initialization is somehow skipping that thought. We'll review and try to find the cause.
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software