Warrior4Nature
Among applications for visualizing relationships between concepts, PersonalBrain is excellent. But it would be even more powerful if it could be linked with DevonThink, an information search tool.

It's really easy to add and navigate between thoughts in PersonalBrain. What's missing, though, is a powerful content analysis and searching tool, a task better performed by a library application. I searched long and hard for the ultimate such application, trying many, which fell short. Ultimately, I settled on DevonThink because of its robust ability to quickly import a huge variety of content, analyze it, categorize it, and then be able to to find it later. It has a powerful built in algorithm which facilitates finding similar content within its database. It is certainly possible to assign tags to content within DevonThink. What DevonThink lacks, however, is any sort of concept mapping capability -- that task is done much better by PersonalBrain.

For a project I'm working on, I've now built a map within PersonalBrain showing all the relationships between the several hundred concept tags I have assigned to content within DevonThink. The problem is that I've had to do that work all by hand. It would be much better to be able to drag a tag from DevonThink on top of PersonalBrain to create a Thought. Or at least to be able to easily import a set of tags without creating duplicates. Even better would be some sort of automatic synchronization to ensure that the latest tags created in DevonThink are imported into PersonalBrain.

I hope that the developers involved can recognize the very different strengths of the two applications and the potential benefit to both platforms of creating an interface. There should certainly be some good cross-sale opportunities there given the similarity of the target markets for the two products and their very different strengths. Together, they can be a powerful combination.
skerth
I think your request has been developed by an applescript which is available in DT message board.  If you do not have it let me know and I will track it down.

skerth
Actually I just saw this on the pb message board.  This is what I was talking about, hope it is what you needed.

I just came across this link

The author has created a script to export PersonalBrain XML. 

FYI, I don't use DEVONthink, so I haven't tried it, but it looks like it should work.
zenrain
Wow, great find. I can definitely use this.

Thanks!
macOS 10.12.3
TheBrain 9.0.151
Cxiym
Does anyone have an updated version of this script that works with TheBrain9? 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software