GerSch
Now we have on the mobile version an Inbox where we can send p.e. url links. It would be tremendous if ZAPIER and/or IFTTT could send informations to this Inbox. So I could capture p.e. web content with the great Evernote WebClipper or Pocket and it will automatically flow into TheBrain with titel, url and content. What a productivity boost ;-)!!
pthompson
GerSch,

Thank you for your suggestions. Better integration with other apps and services is something we hope to accomplish in the future.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
danlandrum
How do we officially vote for importance of a feature request? This seems so very important.

I just came back to TB Pro after a several year hiatus. I love the way it works these days with the single exception that it is arduous to get a thought quickly captured. Please allow this to happen in iOS, it is where I live as far as capture goes.

My current solution, depending on the situation, is to use either Evernote Web Clipper, capture with Siri into a specified reminder list and let IFTTT get it into Evernote,  use Drafts in iOS and have it send it to Evernote, etc. They all end up with needing to take an extra step to create a TB Thought and then decide how to best get the information associated, which is sometimes an Evernote Note Link, at other times it is text (generally my own writing) that is best kept in a TB note. I could go on, but my point is that these and other data shuffling shenanigans feel like they're opposed to everything TB wants us to be. Why can't I just capture my stuff into TB?

At this point it would be logical to ask why I don't just use Evernote for everything? The obvious reason is that TB, once it has my info, can't be beat for its associative power. It makes by wet brain happy when I go looking for thoughts for which I have a vague recollection and I land quickly on the relevant Thoughts. However, it makes me mad every day when I have to go though so many machinations to feed it my info. 

OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
zenrain
The official place to vote is Uservoice

Also, I pretty much echo danlandrum's sentiment.
macOS 10.12.5
TheBrain 9.0.207
HarmenB
...still this is the case. Hope that TheBrain will finally become a collaborative tool that can communicate instead of a 'get all the info in there and do a lot of actions to keep it up to date' with other tools (that obviously are necessary for working with other humans (i.e. mail, file sharing, tasks, etc.etc))

hoping hoping hoping.....

....but then again still give thebrain the benefit of the doubt.....
PaddyVA
Ditto!  Amen!  I've been suggesting IFTTT compatibility for the Inbox numerous times in this Forum.
HarmenB
@PaddyVA

don't think it helps but certainly hope that it will come through : letting applications work together makes more than the sum of the applications together.
What I mean with IFTTT or zapier often (1 + 1) > 2 

So it the total benefits of both together is more than each one apart (nothing new: it's what good business/ companies also do. Combining different people's strengths and benefit of the synergy......)

Now thebrain is dropping the agenda sync (at least that is what i understand) I think this IFTTT and/ or Zapier integration becomes even more important.......

Harmen
mcaton
I've added Zapier to our current ticket about IFTTT for further review from the engineers.

Thank you for posting,
Matt
HarmenB
thanks mcaton

ps it's a total disappointment that the calendar functionality is going to be deleted from thebrain.
I could even track my time through thebrain because i use tagtime . In the brain calendar i make events connected to my task thoughts. The event gets a name starting with #project
The amount of time defined through thebrain calendar is being synced to my google calendar and voila the time is registered on the project......

IFTTT or Zapier integration probably will compensate the loss of calendar.....

Kind regards

Harmen
pthompson
Harmen,

Thanks for the additional feedback.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
spytech128
GerSch wrote: Now we have on the mobile version an Inbox where we can send p.e. url links. It would be tremendous if ZAPIER and/or IFTTT could send informations to this Inbox. So I could capture p.e. web content with the great Evernote WebClipper or Pocket and it will automatically flow into TheBrain with titel, url and content. What a productivity boost ;-)!!
YES, Exactly[biggrin]!!! I would love this feature, too! 
Spytech128

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software