ebuise
I love the Apps on my iPhone and iPad.
Keeping notes open on the iPad while navigating Thoughts is really great!

However I dislike the automatic capitalization of every word in a new thought. First word would be enough for me.
Wish:
iOS: Preferences: Automatically capitalize Thoughts on creation: on/off

What preferences -if any- will become available on iOS?

Ernest.
dcb_oz
I'd second this request. Really annoying on iOS to have it capitalise the second word when I don't do that in my brain.

Additionally there is a difference between behaviour when creating a new thought and editing an existing thought.

New though - capitalise every word
Existing thought - don't capitalise anything

iOS 9.0.3.2
andreas
Automatic capitalization is actually part of the iOS system, not the Brain. Turn it off under "keyboards" in the "settings" of your machine.
ebuise
Thanks Andreas, but I don't recognize what you suggest. Both on my iPhone 7 and my iPad Pro running on iOS 10.3.3 there is no such function as Automatic capitalization under 'settings/keyboards'. Besides, TheBrain is the only App with that behavior.
andreas
I am also running iOS 10.3.3. I found the setting under "settings" , "general", "keyboards". I have a couple of different languages active. Just above "auto-correct", I find the "auto-capitalization" slider.
ebuise
I'm sorry Andreas, it doesn't work for me. I can't find the equivalent for "auto-capitalization" and playing around with the other settings does not work out. I also can't find documentation about these iOS settings.

20170910_150026000_iOS.png 
andreas
Ebuise, if you deactivate "hoofdlettergevoelig" in you settings, will this work? At least that is the thing I deactivated in my settings...
ebuise
No, it does not work. While typing it then does not convert into capitals, but as soon as I accept the new thought it transfers every word with a capital.
andreas
Oh, you are correct. I only looked at the text before I pressed enter...
shatcher
Thank you everybody for your feedback. We have documented this as a feature request "Option to turn off automatic capitalization of Thoughts on creation" and our development team will look into implementing this.

Cheers, Sean

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software