marcus
Can we expect the iOS version to get native resolution support any time soon? I love having The Brain on my phone but each time I open the app it feels like I'm stepping back in time... the whole UI feels pretty primitive. I appreciate the hard work the team is putting into these apps but it's disheartening feeling like it's always a bit behind the curve.
shatcher
Marcus,

Sorry that native resolution doesn't seem to be working. I've documented a feature request for our development team.

Cheers, Sean
Harlan
Thanks for your feedback. This first major update to TheBrain for iOS was focussed on two things:

1. Local storage and sync capabilities. (Version 8 required a connection and did not store any information locally)
2. Natively implemented plex.

These changes will allow us to rapidly improve the app from here on out, bringing formerly desktop-exclusive features like additional plex layouts to iOS in the near future.

The changes needed to support multiple resolutions are non-trivial and will take some time for us to execute and that is why they were not included in this release.
Regards,
-Harlan
marcus
Thanks Harlan. I've used The Brain 9 on Android a bit and, while it's a bit slow, it's very promising! Looking forward to a similar iOS experience.
zenrain
What TheBrain notes look like on iPhone X:
487E092B-CDF3-4B30-AE10-237AB6787274.png
 And when trying to type:
9FC87108-EE43-4B28-80D5-C7723DF22644.png 
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.230
zenrain
Now that I have a bit more time:
This is not just an issue of size, although that's a huge factor. Currently there isn't enough notes showing for me to have any comfort in typing anything in notes that is more than a line.

Also, notice the gray area that appears at the top of the note in both screenshots. On scrolling it appears at the bottom. I don't know if this needs to be a separate thread, but both these issues makes anything but viewing notes next to useless on the newest iPhone. 

I understand Harlan's post about the resolution issue taking time. However, from the customers viewpoint a new release coming out that doesn't resolve a resolution issue that has been in existence since the iPhone Plus size was released, and now is not compatible with the iPhone X looks really bad (x 100) and like the developer just doesn't care. Which is not the case I know, but that doesn't make it any easier every time I have to open it.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.230

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software