marcus
Can we expect the iOS version to get native resolution support any time soon? I love having The Brain on my phone but each time I open the app it feels like I'm stepping back in time... the whole UI feels pretty primitive. I appreciate the hard work the team is putting into these apps but it's disheartening feeling like it's always a bit behind the curve.
shatcher
Marcus,

Sorry that native resolution doesn't seem to be working. I've documented a feature request for our development team.

Cheers, Sean
Harlan
Thanks for your feedback. This first major update to TheBrain for iOS was focussed on two things:

1. Local storage and sync capabilities. (Version 8 required a connection and did not store any information locally)
2. Natively implemented plex.

These changes will allow us to rapidly improve the app from here on out, bringing formerly desktop-exclusive features like additional plex layouts to iOS in the near future.

The changes needed to support multiple resolutions are non-trivial and will take some time for us to execute and that is why they were not included in this release.
Regards,
-Harlan
marcus
Thanks Harlan. I've used The Brain 9 on Android a bit and, while it's a bit slow, it's very promising! Looking forward to a similar iOS experience.
zenrain
What TheBrain notes look like on iPhone X:
487E092B-CDF3-4B30-AE10-237AB6787274.png
 And when trying to type:
9FC87108-EE43-4B28-80D5-C7723DF22644.png 
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
zenrain
Now that I have a bit more time:
This is not just an issue of size, although that's a huge factor. Currently there isn't enough notes showing for me to have any comfort in typing anything in notes that is more than a line.

Also, notice the gray area that appears at the top of the note in both screenshots. On scrolling it appears at the bottom. I don't know if this needs to be a separate thread, but both these issues makes anything but viewing notes next to useless on the newest iPhone. 

I understand Harlan's post about the resolution issue taking time. However, from the customers viewpoint a new release coming out that doesn't resolve a resolution issue that has been in existence since the iPhone Plus size was released, and now is not compatible with the iPhone X looks really bad (x 100) and like the developer just doesn't care. Which is not the case I know, but that doesn't make it any easier every time I have to open it.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software