aaron_m Show full post »
Spacenexus
I'm all for iOS / Android implementation. Some thoughts and questions on what that means:

http://forums.thebrain.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1268067516&postcount=10

Jim
@181218:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
cicivin
ekiledjian wrote:
We shouldnt have to find work-arounds to get it to work properly on any IOS devince (iphone, ipod or ipad). I am dissappointed they have not come out with one yet. Last year, their answer was use webbrain. I did and its horrible.

We need a native IOS app with background auto sync service.

And I voted for this on their UserVoice site.
leather ipad 2 covers     ipad 2 speaker dock   ipad 2 stand cases
z5ruyhr etesyg Tegabduxyr
pvonk
I've been on leave from PB for some time. I'm curious, isn't the mac version a Jave app (or all versions)? If so, isn't it the case that the iPad doesn't support Java?

Simplify, Simplify, Simplify - Thoreau
zenrain
Yes, PB is a Java app on all platforms, so an iPad application would have to be built from the ground up.
macOS 10.14.3
TheBrain 10.0.42
pshanks
I thought WebBrain was been re-written from Java to HTML5 for more platform support.

Not sure how this will effect the iPad.
pvonk
pshanks,

I'm talking about Java, the programming language, not JavaScript. You don't just convert java apps to HTML5, that's like trying to convert a car into a movie - apples and oranges. To make an iPad version would require a total rewrite of the program using a different language and UI library. Basically starting from scratch.
pshanks
Here is the upgrade video for WebBrain to HTML5:
=> http://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials/sharing/html5/

So WebBrain is no longer using Java on the front-end and the iPad / iPhone support HTML 5.

So pvonk I'll leave it up to you to decide if that is a car or a move

pvonk
I use both PB and Evernote.  In my mind, these are two different approaches to storing data and are useful in different problem domains.  Evernote doesn't even come close to the visual representation and mathematical graph structure of PB (E doesn't have any) and Evernote is outstanding for quick notes and other formats that are stored in hierarchical structures.  (And Tinderbox offers yet another totally different design for notes.)

ngreene
Any word or even hint on when webbrain will be editable on ipad/iphone? That seems like the first step and it would be great to know that progress was being made on that front.

Ultimately, I'd pay good money for a native ipad app that had background synch and full access to all the attachments. What go is a brain if you can't take it with you and if you can't change it, how do you know you have one?

(And yes, I've already voted for this.)

dlangendorf
I find it interesting that this topic, mostly about the iPad, iOS, and tablets, has reached 6,636 views -- more than the discussion on Evernote (6,128) and The Bible (5,568). Everything else mostly gets 1,000 or less views. Can't The Brain people see there is interest here for some sort of iPad/tablet integration with Personal Brain and that the current solution is a half-$^#*$ workaround? I invested a lot of time and energy in creating Brains that now sit idle because my needs have evolved. I'm mobile and no longer sit behind a desk, using a large monitor on a fast computer, accessing expansive Brains. I see many users here who've experienced similar need changes. I love PB and want to use it daily, but, uh, I can't.
ngreene
Amen, brother/sister dlangedorf! a little more responsiveness would be much appreciated.
mcaton
Thanks to everyone that have shown interest in getting PB up and running on an iPad (and iPhone).  As you may have observed, it is far and away the number one request we receive here at TheBrain and on our feature suggestion page at http://thebrain.uservoice.com.  We do hear you and I can assure you that our engineers are working diligently to make this request a fully functional, amazing reality.  

Stay tuned....  

Matt
nw
Good news Matt. I look forward to it.

I have the admit that my use of my desktop PC and hence PB has dropped dramatically since I got my iPad.

Nigel
mwassens
Good news indeed. Can't wait to see the iPad version.
/\/\/\/
GerSch
@mcaton: Are the developers working hard on an Android version, specially for the Tablets?

What tell you people, who will buy a new mobile phone and/or Tablet? Apple or Android? I think like @nw, if I would have a Tablet, I will use my PC not very often, but when PB is my main application...?

With the decision for a moble device I have to make a contract over 24 month. So if I buy an Adroid device and you bring an iPhone/iPad-version of PB with better funktionality I have a problem. So I think it is fair to give us user more information to make a good decision!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software