zenrain
Please allow full screen notes on the new version of TheBrain for iOS. 
It will be critical to use when TheBrain is open at the same time as Safari. 

Also, the new version should support drag and drop for iOS 11, and the new windows multitasking features. This is a fantastic opportunity to position TheBrain iOS as a iOS powerhouse.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.230
mcaton
Thanks Zen,

I'll document the requests.  FYI - Notes do go full screen on a phone - not on pad.

Matt
nordak

zenrain wrote: ... Also, the new version should support drag and drop for iOS 11, and the new windows multitasking features. This is a fantastic opportunity to position TheBrain iOS as a iOS powerhouse.

Zenrain had the exact question and suggestion in July that I’m interested in - for iPad, esp.

I’m wondering what the status and/or priority is to support iOS 11 drag n drop via split-screen multitasking?
  • If I’m missing how to do this now (iPad Air 2; I can enter split screen with several other apps) I‘m all ears!  
Until the email/inbox/integrations are implemented in the backbone TB 9 features (not in 9.0 release), this would help a lot in getting media, links, email, files, maybe calendar events and contacts into a brain (I’m envisioning even a simple pinned Thought (e.g., “Inbox”) one could use as a ‘triage Thought’ for later processing via the desktop program.

iOS drag n drop is exactly in line with the very strong drag n drop features of the desktop platform.  

I imagine this is all known, so I guess I’m back to the original question of status and priority.  And if I’m missing how to do this now (I’m not yet an iOS 11 new feature expert).

Oh, yeah, I’m impressed how my task manager ToDoist has this implemented (skip past the Siri section to see the Todoist drag n drop aspect in iOS 11)   {re the Siri-Todoist integration mentioned in the blog post...Siri-TB9 iOS integration is a future wishlist item, or a +1 if already there [Comp]
zenrain
Yup. iOS 11 is now out and I’ve started to transfer my information out of TheBrain and into DEVONthink and DayOne for now. 
The ability to work on a mobile device is very important to me, and TheBrain mobile in its current state just isn’t up to the task unfortunately. Seeing how the other apps implemented the newer (and older iOS 10 features) and how useful they are was a bit of an eye opener.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.230
IvanPsy
zenrain I'm with you, as I work mostly on iOS.

The iOS App is very raw, and it prevents me to buy the full TheBrain and makes me stick with Evernote and MindMeister.
I'm waiting to see how the new version evolves.
pracc99
I agree with @zenrain.   The ability to drag and drop using The Brain in iOS 11 would be a game changer.   As is, I find the process of copying links in the iOS app somewhat tedious (and very unreliable given the tendency for the app to frequently freeze up when copying links).   Given that I read a lot on my iPad, this is one of the reasons I have had a hard time fully committing to The Brain and wondering if I should be utilizing a more streamlined/integrated mobile system like Evernote or OneNote.   Fingers crossed the the new iOS app is available soon and has improved reliability and functionality. 
mcaton
Thanks everyone for your feedback.  Requests are documented for iOS engineering team review.

Thanks,
Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software